NL: Chapter 10

Bittersweet Promise

There are times where you feel as if you have forgotten something.
It was as if you have forgotten something very important. It was important to your goals and what you achieved to do.

But now it is all forgotten and only vague memories whose meaning you don't know now remain.

And any dreams of those old memories linger in your mind and while dreaming you remember everything about how you were there, but upon waking all is forgotten except a vague detail like any other dream.

Naricelissa stood at the outskirts of Narvidian Kingdom in the forest. She pressed her face against Niderudion's shoulder as he gently brushed her hair with his hand. He softly whispered words to her that she'll never forget.

"Please, wear that necklace my sister brought. And be okay. I don't want anything to happen to you." Narissa told her prince.

"Likewise." He told her as well, "Don't hurt yourself. Protect and Save Esperon for me."

"I will and stay in contact with me. And maybe I'll come to this part of the forest every so often. Then maybe, you can protect me. You're the only man I'll allow to protect me Nideru,"

"You give me too much credit." He laughed, "And I thought you always said you could handle yourself -- not that I don't want to protect you, I do. I want to every day and with my life I shall."

"Touché. Listen, I just.. I want to be protected this time by you." Narissa confessed to Niderudion as her cheeks began to turn pink.

Niderudion raised his eyebrows, "You're embarrassed? There is no need to--"

Narissa clamped a hand over his mouth, "I'm not embarrassed! I like you a lot, you know this. My brother reminds me and teases the moons out of me almost every single day." She whispers, "I just want you to know.. so you will make sure that you will try to live."

"I am not going anywhere. I will still be alive." The prince tells her determined, "And when everything is all better, remember my promise... I will fulfill it."

"I love you, Nideru..." His betrothed whispered softly.

Niderudion then softly kissed the girl on the lips. Narissa leaned into him, letting her know that he would always be there for her. And above all he was hers and hers alone.

"May the Moon spirit watch over you," Niderudion whispered one last time before she descended into the forest.

Kiridena and Nasima were waiting eagerly several meters away for the girl to say her goodbyes.

Now it was time to save Esperon with Narvidian Light.

Time flows, no matter what you do, no matter how much you try to forget it ... To sleep it away, time always flows.  For some faster and slower than others and maybe you can manipulate time but it is still always flowing.

And through the flow, you can always find your peace and someday you will meet again but never will you forget.

Ever will you be together, knowing a promise awaits your future.

Kiridena turned to Naricelissa and closed her eyes.
There the light embraced from her fingertips and it glowed all around the veil.

With the Moon's sorrow and life, Naricelissa too closed her eyes and healed the darkness away from the moon's broken heart.

Then the darkened veil was lifted and Naricelissa and Nasima could go through.

They bid their farewell, their adieu before heading inside and all inside felt joy at the sight of the freedom from darkness.