NL: Chapter 8

Forgotten Past

I forgot...

I forgot a lot of things.

If I remembered those things would I feel better?

Would those headache, blackouts, and stress go away then?

Would I be able to see visions and memories without the pain of it all?

I wouldn't know but still a lingering vision or memory of someone captures my sleep.

....

"Sarcivenessa." A voice called out, "You spoke out of turn again.  You know your tongue is what causes you to be..." The voice laughed as they finally found the right words they were looking for, "A nuisance to everyone.  Why can't you not speak unless asked to?"

A young girl stood there with her turquoise hair tied up in pretty jewels and wore a silver gown filled with layers of fancy cloth.

Her eyes glimmered and were filled with such wonder and amazement.

However the person talking her was an elder man that made sure everything would go properly.

"But why must I remain silent?" The girl asked, "I always have to speak my mind.  All this stuff it just is hard to do.  I use to be free and was able to speak and do whatever I-"

"Silence!" The man hushed her at once.  She went back a bit in almost fright, but she lifted her head up tall embracing whatever the man had to say. 
     "You are in this program to see who can be the best fit to rule this land.  You must do things exactly a certain way and follow each guideline and rule!  Oh why can't you be more like.... Syrukia for an example?"

The young girl lowered her head, "But I am a completely different---"

The man held his hand up, "Enough.  I will call for your escort.  And remember," he gave her a tight smile, "No wondering off or going anywhere without your escort."

The girl just stood there waiting but the man just gave her a disappointed look.

It wasn't her.

She couldn't be perfect following every single rule.

She hated looking pretty and doing nothing but being proper.

It wasn't her.

None of it was.

Suddenly a silver hair boy it a white uniform came forward.

He lowered his head, "Are you done speaking with her?"

The elder smiled before nodded, "Yes, you may go and remember get to know each other.  You soon will be wed in years to come."

The two left silently.

"Vero!" The girl called him a nickname.  "I.. How am I supposed to be someone I am not?  I hate all this stuff I'm supposed to do without really knowing how.  I hate that I... can't do this.  How am I supposed to be like Syrukia?"

The boy pressed his lips together and sighed, "I think if you really work hard you'll be able to perfect everything in front of them.  For example, if you could try holding you tongue from speaking when the elders are around." He pat the girl's head.
       "Besides I'll allow you to tell me anything you want and I won't judge.  Even if Sizerci disagrees, he won't find out.  I won't let him or the elders hurt you again, Sarci." The boy brushed a strand of hair out of her eyes and then placed a flower in her hair.

"Thank you," Sarcivenessa smiled at the male she called Vero.  "You always make me feel better.  With you," she sighed, "I feel as if I can be anyone I want."