NL: 16

Saving a Queen

        Darkness rose across the sky.
Shadows flickers in and out.
Voices screamed that they could be trapped with darkness once again.
Everyone knew what they must do, LEAVE.

The reedins however, were at the highest floor of the kingdom where a princess and her knight stayed.

Unfortunately, a shadowed soul arrived to see them.  Not only was it a trick, but it also caused the downfall.

The shadow casted a beam of darkness at Novaliera.  Unknownst that the kingdom and she could become with darkness this way.

Darkness expands and overwhelms the kingdom.  Above the sky thunder and lightning strikes.  These dark clouds consumes Esperon while chaos began to emerge. 
       Before too long spirits and those of darkness and shadows enter.  Everyone was in danger and had to leave if they wanted to survive.

Novaliera cried in agony as the darkness hit her.  She felt emerse amount of pain and shadows flood to her hair.

"YOUR HIGHNESS!" Nakosir cried out and pulled her close.  "Whatever you do, don't give in.  You'll be okay.  Just think about your mother and your brother.  You will see them soon, just don't give in the darkness!" He exclaimed.

The reedins stood there almost smiling, "Karma... For arrogance."

"I.. I can't.  Help..." She cried out, "It's strong.  I can't move... It's... It's cold, so cold and I---"

"Reedins!" Nakosir shouted and hissed, "You dirty son of a cre---"

"Ah uh ah, would that really be appropriate especially for the princess' knight?  You will subject Her Highness from hearing such vulgar language."

Nakosir scoffed, "I hope you choke on a male's pike and jewels.  Oh I hope you are unable to withstand adultery again." His words were full of malice.

"Screw t--" but Nakosir interrupted him.

"Oh but I thought we shouldn't speak vulgarly in front of Her Highness." Nakosir stated as he held his sword ready to protect her.  He had to watch for every movement.

But he knew as he glanced to the windows that the sky was full of darkness.  He was at risk of turning into a shadow by staying but he didn't care.  He had to stayAnd everyone else must leave.

So with his other hand he type a quick message to his sister then both Niderudion and the Queen.

He hoped Narissa would come and help everyone escape.  Knowing her, she would.

"Whatever you do I won't let you leave!  Shadow assist me!  Darken both of their hearts!" The reedin cried out.

Nakosir held his sword out and was ready for anything.  His sword could fight up against anything brought his way.  He has done this before many time so why should it be different.  He would do it until all those in the kingdom's area would be darkness.  He would until his sister gets everyone out.

"Nako.. si..zerci leave!  Save yourself.  I'm doomed.  Please live.  The shadows.. I can't resist.." Novaliera cried out weakly. 
       Tears poured out of her eyes.  Her hair, azure blue was now turning awfully dark like the midnight shadows.

So dense, so thick, and unable to see past the darkened form.  Any previous will now be taken over.  It was like a swan turned raven.  Once a princeess now a mere darkened shadow.

     "Nakosir thank you for everything.  I'm sorry but I have to go I.. I don't know how long it will be or..." Her voice started breaking and fading away,
     "or when I can snap back into consciousness so... so goodbye for now... Because I actually really... I... actually really l..."