forty three

~~~

~~~

"my parents are so paranoid of me being a Pogue, like it's the worst thing that could ever happen." Kiara told the three as they waited on the Ferry.

"hey, i hear they got good weed at boarding school, though." JJ said, Caroline sat beside him listening to Kiara.

"i'm not going to boarding school. they're gonna have to kidnap me, tie me up, and throw me in a van." Kiara said.

"then i'm gonna have to bring you back because there's no way you're leaving me alone with these two." Caroline told Kiara who sent her a smile.

"what's wrong with you being alone with the both of us?" JJ asked his girlfriend.

"you drive me insane." Caroline laughed, JJ mimicked her laugh then kissed her quickly.

Kiara watched the two then looked at Pope noticing how different their relationship was. Caroline laughed once JJ pulled away from their lips and put the blunt on his lips.

"well, i say..." JJ inhaled stepping into the bed of the truck, "we just crumble some herb right now." he passed the blunt to Kiara.

"are you joining?" JJ looked up at Caroline.

"always." she jumped off sitting beside him.

"hey, Kie, have you tried to hit John B back on that number yet?" Pope asked.

"like, twenty million times." Kiara responded.

"me too, i don't get an answer." Caroline added pulling out her phone checking the texts she sent to the number.

"that's quite a few times." JJ chuckles.

"some random lady at a hotel keeps answering." Kiara said.

"well, until we hear from them again, we gotta try and clear his name. right now, this letter's our best bet." Pope waved the letter in his hand around.

"right. stay on task. that's why i love ya, Pope." JJ nodded his head looking at him.

Kiara stood up handing Pope the blunt, "what Pope are you gonna be today?"

Pope stared at the blunt then at Kiara, "i'm good. i'm gonna try to focus."

"good Pope. boring Pope." Kiara sat beside Caroline as JJ wiggled his fingers on the other side of Caroline.