forty six

~~~

~~~

hours later the six drove up to the Château, it was good to be back home, but at the same time everyone was worried for John B and Sarah being back especially people still looking for them.

"there she is." John B announced.

"bet it is good to see her old bones right." JJ turned to him, "welcome home, guys."

"you know, i gotta be honest. not exactly looking forward to a check-in at home." Kiara spoke once they got to the docks, "my parents probably already arranged my funeral."

"i predict unpleasantries at the Heyward household after i left the truck in Charleston." Pope mentioned already knowing his dad will freak.

"i'm probably gonna get grounded for the rest of my life and get sent to the Kook academy once i walk through the door." Caroline dropped her bag standing next to JJ.

"no one knows we're here, right? and you three aren't gonna get into any more trouble for showing up 12 hours later. am i right, or am i right?" JJ asked the group.

"you're not wrong." Pope answered.

"so that means we have 12 hours to do whatever we want. huh? a little Pogue fellowship. how does that sound?" JJ gave off his ideas.

he definitely wasn't wrong, Caroline was already in big trouble for not updating her parents by what she promised them when she first left.

"let the shit hit the fan tomorrow. come on." John B smiled.

"yeah!"

"the cops could be looking for us. It could be really stupid." Sarah informed the Pogues.

"Sarah Cameron, you've heard of my philosophy, right?" JJ approached the blonde.

"oh boy." Caroline said knowing what he was going to say.

"no."

"stupid things have good outcomes all the time." JJ told her as the Pogues mouthed his famous words.

"who's with me? let's get some beer!" JJ clapped.

Caroline grabbed her bag following JJ inside the Château dropping their stuff. Caroline made her way to the bathroom grabbing extra clothes she had brought when JJ followed her in wrapping his arms around her waist shutting the door.

"i don't like when you don't talk to me." he whispered looking down at her.

"i don't either but you can't drive like that J, trust me i know you wanted to lose that guy, but just not like that." Caroline shook her head resting her hands on his chest.

"i'll be more careful, i promise." he moved a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"you better, or your sleeping on the couch." he playfully rolled his eyes leaning down to her.