fourteen

"it's not there

"it's not there." John B sighed, "look, just- just pull the drone up. shit" everyone's smile faded as they looked at each other.

"look, we can do another pass. recharge the battery. we can— we can go back down." Pope said not wanting to give up.

"we've done it three times. there's nothing there." JJ yelled.

"JJ!" Ace looked at him.

"shut up!" Kiara yelled.

"what? it's true!" he yelled back.

"the gold could be buried. we don't know." Kiara says.

Ace sighed looking at everyone feeling bad for John B. they went through all this just for him and found nothing, but she knows he's not gonna give up that easily.

"if it was there, it would've been found on the metal detector, okay? somebody beat us to it." John B yelled.

"or it was never there." JJ said, Ace slapped his arm shaking her head at him.

"JJ, stop it" she whispered.

JJ and Ace were at JJ's so they could go to the the woods by his house so he can shoot a stuffed bear, luckily his father wasn't home so Ace snuck into JJ's room grabbing one of his many fishing shirts slipping it on. the door to his room opened making her look over, JJ shut the door locking it walking over to his window opening it up.

"is that my shirt?" he asked, she nodded and smiled sitting on his bed, "yes it is"

"looks better on you anyways" he grabbed his hat slipping it on tossing one to her.

"seriously? you wanna match" she giggled. he smiled and nodding walking over to her kneeling down in front of her.

"hey so what exactly happened with Rafe and Topper?" he asked laying his hands on her thighs.

"Pope and i were just heading to the clubhouse taking the groceries over and Rafe wanted the beers and wouldn't leave us alone" she looked at him, "he broke the bags we had and Pope got pissed trying to fight them off but Topper joined and Pope got hit with a rock when he fell, Rafe literally grabbed me by the neck and wouldn't let me go, he would've if i went to the Midsummers with him, so i spit in his face and said no but he kinda threw me to the ground after and hit both Pope and i with his golf club" she played with the hat in her hands.

"at least you spit in his face" he said making her laugh, "yeah at least i did that" she slipped the hat on looking at him.

"i'm gonna beat Rafe's ass one day, nobody lays a hand on my girl" he tells her as she nods smiling.

"you're gorgeous" he smiled admiring her, Ace is like the female version of JJ except only a little more responsible than JJ.

"shut up" she felt her cheeks get red looking at him, "hey, you are baby" he held her hands kissing them then kissed her cheek.