thirty one

Kiara, Ace and JJ were packing up food for Sarah and John B to take with them hoping they would have enough packing a full box for them

"you sure he wasn't just being weird Pope?" JJ asked.

"it wasn't really the kind of thing that needed interpretation." Kiara said hanging him the loaves of bread and some cheese.

"is that enough food for them?" Ace asked setting things down looking at the box.

"i mean, for a couple of weeks, and that's all they need, so.." JJ said putting his back pack on.

"look, i think i actually hurt his feelings." Kiara frowned.

"he'll come around Kie, remember the past twenty four hours have been insane." Ace added grabbing the keys to Kiara's car handing them to her as they walked out.

"look, don't beat yourself up too much. he's completely changed his feels. the past twenty four hours have been Jekyll and Hyde." JJ repeated.

"i hate to admit it, but i miss the old Pope. at least i knew what to expect from him." Kiara said, Ace froze seeing Kiara's mom and her mom walking over to the girls.

"shit." she mumbled.

"where have you been?" Miss Anna asked her daughter.

"did you ever think about coming home?" Melissa asked her daughter.

"i'm fine, mom, we slept here." Ace told her mother pointing at the wreck as Kie did the same.

"well, we were up half the night, scared to death, lookin' for you two." Miss Anna snapped.

"were you even gonna tell us?" Melissa asked.

"kinda hard when there's no service at all still." Ace replied.

"what the hell are you three up to?" Miss Anna asked.

"i'm sorry, Miss Anna and Miss Melissa, we just gotta go." JJ said.

"look, mom i'm sorry i just can't do this right now" Ace said walking to the back door of the car.

"no, you're coming home right now." Melissa snapped pointing at the car.

"have you heard whats going on?" Miss Anna asked.

"mom, i'll explain later." Kiara said calmly getting in the car followed by Ace as they sat down.

"Caroline there's a storm! get out the car right now." Melissa looked at her daughter, "i'm not letting you go do whatever your gonna do to save John B."

"mom! he's my best friend okay? he needs my help and i'm not letting him down! you know him and you know he's innocent!" Caroline yelled feeling the tears stream down her face not believing what her mother is saying.

"i am not letting you do this!" both Miss Anna and Melissa yelled.

"mom, John B needs me!" Kiara cried.

"i'm sorry." Ace said shutting the door.

"Caroline, open the door!"

"i'm sorry!" she yelled locking the back doors.

"Kiara! open this door!" Miss Anna also yelled.

the girls continued to apologize as their mothers as Kiara sped off driving away from them, Ace covered her face letting the tears fall down her cheeks.

Kiara pulled up to JJ's house who stared at the house, his eyes watering not wanting to get out and go inside to face his father.

"home sweet home." JJ said.

"do you want us to come? cause we'll come." Kiara said while Ace leaned over looking at him.

"no." JJ shook his head, "this will only take a second." he opened the door, Ace turned his face towards hers kissing him softly.

"i love you." she whispered.

"i love you too." he whispered getting out of the car going up the porch.

the girls watched nervously as he turned back to see them, the girls gave him a nod hoping he'd be okay.

"you make him really happy you know." Kiara said making Ace turn to her. "out of all the years we've known each other, every time your name is mentioned or he sees you he gets the biggest smile on his face." she smiled.

"he's my person, Kie. i don't know what i'd do without him." Ace smiled, "i love him so much, i can't lose him."

"you won't. and he won't lose you, i see you guys getting married one day." Kiara laughed softly causing Ace to laugh as well.

the door slammed open making the two girls look over seeing JJ walking back over to the car with tears in his eyes.

"how'd it go?" Ace asked running her fingers through his hair once he sat down.

JJ lifted his hand showing the keys shaking them, Kiara backed out driving to where the boat was, Ace wiped the tears off his cheeks, JJ turned his head kissing her head leaning his head against the seat staring at the keys in his hand. the whole drive was quiet until they got closer to where Luke's boat was, when Kiara started to worry.

"it'll be fine. it'll be fine with the phantom." JJ said tossing the keys around in his hand.

"she'll get out of here quick." he said, "woah, woah, woah."

the three heard sirens quickly sliding down their seats so they wouldn't be recognized. the cars drove right pass them not stopping or checking Kiara's car at all.

"they're still looking. it's a good sign." Kiara said.

Ace played with her bracelets turning her head watching the cop cars, all she could think about of was where John B was and hoping he was okay.