twenty four

the six teens sat still looking at the man with the shot gun, they all stared at man frozen listening to him speak

"why don't i go ahead and see them hands in the air?" he said, "all y'all's hands up in the air now!" he yelled.

everyone put their hands up staying quiet looking at the man.

"you, out of the car! let's go!" John B followed his instructions getting out slowly and quietly. "out of the car! let's go! hurry! let them out! what are you waitin' on? what are you waitin' on? let them out!"

John B opened the door as everyone climbed out terrified while the guy kept yelling.

"there you go, pretty girl. where we go! get out of the car, let's do! hurry up!" Ace followed behind Sarah followed by the rest of the group quietly.

"we're broke-" JJ started to say.

"shut the hell up!" the man yelled.

"all right! all right! just relax!" JJ yelled.

"shut the hell up! shut up! blow your damn head off! lay down in the ditch! lay down in the ditch! on your goddamn hands and knees! down! put your face on the ground! stay here just like that! put your head down! don't let me see you look up! all right!" the man continued to yell, everyone kneeled down keeping their hands up slowly laying down putting their hands behind their heads.

Ace shut her eyes blocking him out taking deep breaths listening to JJ's voice in her head from when the two guys broke into John B's house quickly calming down feeling her anxiety rush away.

"it's a set up guys." Kiara said.

"that old bat shanked us. fuck! Goddamn it!" JJ said punching the ground.

Ace lifted her head looking over at the van and at JJ, she turned her head seeing John B stand up slowly.

"wait. no, no, no, no. John B.. no.." Sarah whimpered watching him stand up.

"John B." Pope whispered. "don't be a hero, man."

John B shushed his friends running to the other car the man was in taking the keys out of the ignition.

"all right, y'all just stay like that. unless you want your brains blown out all over this road, don't move your goddamn heads, okay?" the man pointed at the group rushing back to his car quickly.

once they saw John B come up from the back seat everyone stood up running over to the car throwing punches at the man while Pope grabbed the gold, both Sarah and Ace kicked the man slamming him with the door as everyone else kicked him.

"son of a bitch!" Ace said catching her breath. John B pulled his mask down, the crew immediately recognizing him.

"i know this piece of shit! he's a basehead!" JJ said.