fifty one

~~~

~~~

Caroline was in the kitchen trying to find something to eat for her and Kiara while Kie was getting dressed, all there was in the fridge was left over cans of beer from the other night, a few hot pockets, bread and stuff to make s'mores. shutting the fridge Caroline grabbed a cup filling it with water drinking some when the door slammed open.

"hey, Kie, what are you doing back?" Pope asked, "oh. sorry. uh.. what happened?"

"our moms snapped, and we both got booted." Kiara informed him, Caroline walked out of the kitchen sending Pope a gentle smile.

"wait, what? both of you?" Pope asked approaching the two.

"it's not a big deal." Caroline shrugged sitting behind Kiara on the couch.

"i'm just gonna stay here a couple days, hang out with my friends. we have stuff to figure out." Kiara said her voice filled with hurt.

"you know, if you need a place to stay, you can always come stay with me." Pope offered Kiara, "you too, Ace, but i think we both know you'd stay with JJ." Caroline smiled at his kindness.

"that's true." she nodded.

"um. yeah, uh.. how did things go with you?" Kiara asked Pope wondering how it was with Heyward.

"um, well.." Pope sat down, "Pops was upset."

"upset? after you left his truck in Charleston? what for?" Kiara sarcastically asked.

"uh, you know, i'm actually trying to figure that out myself. Ace, do you know? i can't really see any reason." Pope said looking at the two girls confused.

"no, i'm still trying to figure that out too." Caroline chuckled playing with the ring on her thumb.

"that would make him upset. but, um, i did ask him about the key, and he said something that his grandmother had something like that. so, i went over to great-grandma's place, and, uh.." Pope dug through his pocket standing up sitting besides Kiara.

Caroline sat up moving in the middle behind the two watching Pope open something, "i found... this." he pulled out a key and the girls' eyes widened.

"oh my God." Kiara grabbed the key.

"yeah."

"holy shit, Pope!" Caroline cheered shaking his shoulders.