thirty four (bonus chapter)

it had been a few weeks since John B's and Sarah Cameron's disappearance, the four Pogue's have not heard anything from the deputies yet and are still hoping their two best friends are alive and out there somewhere

  it had been a few weeks since John B's and Sarah Cameron's disappearance, the four Pogue's have not heard anything from the deputies yet and are still hoping their two best friends are alive and out there somewhere. JJ hasn't been home, he's been staying with Caroline and Pope, sometimes at the château by himself like tonight. Caroline couldn't leave him alone so she decided to spend the night with him there. the memories the three friends have had in this small house filled both their minds.

Ace turned over in the bed to cuddle into JJ but his spot was empty, she awoke turning on the lamp seeing he wasn't there. she stood up slipping on her shorts and sandals looking out the window seeing if the blonde boy was around. she stepped outside looking around when she heard his lighter flicking on and off repeatedly, she followed the noise seeing his figure sitting on a rock staring off into the ocean. she walked quietly over to him laying her hand on his shoulder, he didn't bother to look over, he knew it was her.

"hi baby." Ace whispered running her fingers through his hair, he shut off his lighter shoving it into the pocket of his shirt.

"hi." he mumbled grabbing her hand moving over so she can sit on the rock as well.

Caroline sat down next to him laying her head on his shoulder which he leaned his cheek on her head holding the brunettes hand. the two sat in silence for a few minutes just watching and listening to the waves the ocean was making enjoying the relaxing noise when JJ spoke up.

"he's out there. he's gotta be." he kept his eyes on the water shivering a bit.

"my brother is out there, and he's okay, he's gotta be. i know how he is, he's a strong dude and he wouldn't leave that easily." his voice cracked making Ace sit up quickly.

"baby." she whispered feeling her eyes water once again this past week or well few hours.

"if they don't fucking find him i'll go find him myself." he growled shoving his hat off throwing it roughly to the ground.

JJ wasn't just angry that he lost his best friend. he was hurting, he was missing his other half. he was pissed that the officers didn't listen to them or even tried to reason with John B and Sarah, they were all pissed. Caroline stood up standing in front of him hugging him tightly, JJ gripped onto her sobbing into his girlfriends shoulder. she cried along with him not being able to hold in her tears, the two didn't just lose their best friend, they lost their brother and they have no idea what else to do anymore.

"JJ, look at me." Caroline sniffled holding his face so he could look at her.

"i know this is hard, and we all just want to hope that he's okay, that they're both okay. but baby, all we have to do now is wait, wait for someone to say something. show us the phantom when they find it, i know he's out there i do, but we also have to move on and figure our own shit out." she explained to him, he nodded as she wiped a few tears off his cheek.

"i miss him, how the fuck are we gonna go to school without him? how is this shit gonna work? it's not gonna be the same." he said pulling her onto his lap laying his head on her shoulders.

"we'll do what we always do and what he'd want us to do, live our lives how we've always lived them." she wrapped her arms around him playing with his necklace.

he lifted his head to look at her, he placed his hand on her cheek pulling his lips to hers connecting them. she quickly kissed him back laying a hand on his chest and kept her other arm around his neck, he gripped her waist deepening the kiss. he wrapped his arm around her waist standing up while picking her up as well, he turned them around so he was standing and she was sitting on the rock with her legs wrapped around his waist.

the next day came and the brunette was alone at the marine hospital sitting down by a pool where a new injured dolphin was swimming in. she wrote things on the clipboard examining the dolphin, she soon started to doze of remembering the time John B had lost Big John. she remembered that night very well, she was JJ and Pope here at the marine hospital as they helped her with an injured turtle. she remembered the tall boy running in panicking explaining the news to his friends, Big John had helped them a lot through everything, he even predicted JJ and Caroline's relationship.

as soon as Caroline's father heard the news he let the kids go and be with John B, she remembered helping him search everywhere for his father every night for two months straight but he had no luck. then the night the group had lost John B came back rushing to her mind, all the yelling, the crying, their parents comforting them. she felt a bit of water splash onto her lap making her zone back in to see the dolphin in front of her, she smiled at the beautiful animal wiping her tears away from her cheek.

"let's get you some more medicine for that sunburn alright?" she stood up grabbing the jar to heal the dolphin's sunburn.

she carefully got into the pool showing the dolphin what she had in her hand, the animal swam to her as Caroline applied the cream onto the dolphins back. she heard multiple voices looking over to see Pope, Kiara and JJ walking over to the pool. she finished up with the dolphin giving it a gentle kiss on the nose and got out of the pool grabbing a towel.

"hey beautiful." Kiara greeted her with a small smile.

"hey." she wrapped the towel around herself hugging the three.

"we're going out on the Pogue, if you wanna join us, your dad said it'd be alright, just give him the chart." Pope explained already holding the clipboard in his hands.

"yeah, just give me a second to change out of this and i'll meet you guys at the docks." Ace said looking at her work uniform.

Pope and Kiara nodded walking off to the dock but JJ stayed behind with Caroline. he reached into his pocket pulling out a small box, she watched him quietly as he grabbed her hand pulling her aside right next to the dolphin pool.

"i went to my house to grab some more clothes and stuff and i found this, i remember my mom giving it to me before she dipped and told me to give this to the girl who makes me happy and stuff." JJ started to say, he never spoke about his mom, only when he had to, like this moment right now.

"so since i love you and you make me happy i wanted to give you it" he finished opening the small box revealing a ring just like the one on his thumb.

"JJ, are you sure?" she asked looking at it then at him.

"yeah, i'm sure." he nodded, "you do make me happy, and who else better to give it to than my amazing, beautiful and sweet sometimes scary girlfriend." he smiled at her.

Ace smiled grabbing his face kissing him softly, he rested his hand on her hips kissing her back immediately. the two pulled apart when the dolphin splashed water on the couple causing them to pull apart and laugh. the dolphin squeaked and continued to swim around, JJ placed the ring on Ace's ring finger happy it fit her.

"i can't wait for that dolphin to get back into the water." he laughed, "always ruining the moment between us." he joked.

"hey, i love her leave her alone" she laughed.

this is what they needed, to be around each other and be happy. as much as they missed John B and Sarah, they knew they had to move on, but little did they know, John B and Sarah were running around the Bahamas looking for the gold.