sixty seven

~~~

~~~

"oh shit! they found the truck. Caroline, wake up!" Caroline jumped from her slumber looking out the window, her eyes widening seeing the cop cars.

"shit." she muttered hiding beside Kiara.

"chill, chill, chill, chill." Pope told the girls.

"of course." JJ muttered putting his hat on.

"all right, just relax. just relax." John B said trying to calm everyone down.

Kiara and Caroline tried hiding as best as they could hoping they wouldn't get caught.

"good evening, officer." John B said.

"sheriff. yeah." Shoupe corrected John B.

"sheriff. yeah, that's right."

"i pulled the tags, and i know whose truck that is. and who's floor dryer that is by the name of the place on it." Shoupe said flashing his light into the van aiming it at the two girls who were in the corner.

"i forgot it had the name of the marine hospital on it." Caroline's eyes eyes widened as she whispered.

"hey! Kie, Caroline. you two drop your weed pen back there?" Shoupe asked the girls.

"found it." Kiara gave a thumbs up as the two girls sat up.

"oh."

"sheriff, i just wanna say that this is all my fault. they had nothing to do with this. i take 100% responsibility." Pope said trying to cover for the two girls.

"nothing to do with it? uh-huh. you wanna try that again? both your parents reported the truck and dryer missing four hours ago, and the keys were missing from both of the houses. i'm taking you both home. or i can pull you all in for leaving the scene of an accident." Shoupe said, Kiara and Caroline looked at each other quickly giving up.

"okay." Kiara said.

"we'll go." Caroline grabbed her bag from JJ.

"good. Plumb."

Plumb opened the door as the two girls got out of the van turning to their friends, "i gotta deal. hit me up later and make sure we're still alive." Kiara said.

"i'll text you." Caroline looked at JJ who nodded at her quickly taking her hand and kissed her palm.

"come on. let's get you home." Shoupe lead the girls to the car.