Climbing for Research! CH-7 1/3

After Ash and Gary's adventure on Dragon Island ended, they went on their way back to Pallet Town but they got distracted on some occasions. Firstly the Dragonite they helped followed them and ultimately decided to join Ash's team. Secondly, in Viridian forrest, Ash encountered his Pidgeot wich he released 7 years ago. After a battle with their lifetime rival Fearow (wich was the Spearow he threw the rock on when he started his journey) and after that, Pidgeot battled a Pidgeotto from the flock who evolved mid battle. This made Pidgeot proud and showed that the newly evolved Pidgeot would be capable of leading the flock. Wich lead into that also Pidgeot joined Ash again.

Now we join Ash 1 week later, just 5 days before he officially leaves Kanto for the Kalos region. There, he's gonna live with his mother Delia and his longtime rival and best friend Gary Oak while entering the school Sycamore High and he's gonna participate in the World League.

After he returned with Gary, Ash spend some time with all his pokemon. They did some relaxation together but also some rough training. This payed off aswell because Gible evolved into Gabite after sparring with Oshawott.
Also Totodile evolved into Croconaw after an intense battle of the water types with Squirtle (Squirtle came back since the Squirtle Squad could take care of themselves now and Ash wanted all his pokemon at professor Oak's lab who had been training with someone else.) (except Goodra)
Croconaw still kept his dancy and happy personality.

Primeape returned aswell and he was showing his strenght already in a good match between him and Buizel, wich at the end made Buizel evolve into Floatzel.

Now it's Monday. They will move to Kalos on the Friday afternoon and they plan on arriving at their new home in the morning on saturday.

Ash: Mom, i'm off to professor Oak's lab! He had something important to do for me!

Delia: Alright Ash! Have fun!

Ash: Thanks mom! Come on Pikachu and Riolu! As Ash dashes off towards the lab with Pikachu and Riolu running right after him.

10 minutes later they arrive at the lab and walk inside

Ash: Hello professor Oak!

Prof. Oak: Ah.. There you are Ash, I was waiting for you!

Ash: Yeah, you had something important for me to do right? And by the way where is Gary?

Prof. Oak: "Gary is on an errand for me in Vermillion City but that's not why I asked you to come over." As he walks to the computer and Ash follows.
"The reason I needed your help here is because of this man. His name is Professor Cerise, he's a new researcher who just started his lab in Viridian City.

Professor Oak shows a picture of a middle aged man (around 35-45 years old) with a white labcoat, wearing a blue shirt under it, some glasses and short purple hair.

Ash: really! Thats so cool!! But what's the thing what you want me to do?

Prof. Oak: Well, he's got a Research Fellow named Goh, he has a mission to research the habitat of some powerful pokemon on Mt. Silver. Professor Cerise requested a strong trainer who could help Goh out on his mission so I told him that I had none other than the Alolan Champion with me and that I'd discuss it with you.

Ash: Professor, you don't have to ask me twice! I'm already on my way!!

Ash is about to run off but stops in his tracks as professor Oak calls him out.

Prof. Oak: Wait Ash!

Ash: huh? What's wrong? And now I realize it, did you really tell them I'm the Alolan Champion? Ash said while scratching the back of his head out of embarrassment.

Prof. Oak: you can't go unprepared in like that! Here take a look at the screen. And yes I did. He said while laughing about it

Ash shook it off and looked at the screen a little bit confused

Ash: what do you want to show me professor?

Prof. Oak: well, what you see on the screen is some of the pokemon you might encounter on Mt. Silver, it's also known as one of the most dangerous places in Kanto since there are really strong pokemon. I'd figured since you want to participate in the World League, some experience on Mt. Silver wouldn't hurt you.

Ash: Yes, i'm already looking forward to it!

Prof. Oak: Good, now what pokemon are you gonna take with you?

Ash: Hmm, good question. Let me gather them real quick outside.

Ash walked into the backyard of the lab as he calls Bulbasaur over.

Ash: Bulbasaur I need your help buddy, could you gather all pokemon here?

Bulbasaur: Bulba-Bulbasaur!

Bulbasaur then fires off a couple seeds in the air and they explode in different colours wich represent every region.

Kanto - Red (Dragonite, Pidgeot too)
Jotho - Yellow
Hoenn - Green
Sinnoh - Blue
Unova - Purple
Kalos - White
Alola - Orange

After a couple minutes all of Ash's pokemon gather infront of him, including his 30 Tauros.

Ash: Alright guys, I've got a mission on Mt. Silver. It will be a tough challenge so I need some of you guys to help me out. Now let me see... Ash said while thinking.

"Alright I got it! Pidgeot, Croconaw and Gabite, you guys will be able to pull this off and since you two evolved. I want to see what you guys can do now." (refering to Croconaw and Gabite) Ash said with his mind made up.

Prof. Oak: That's 5 pokemon Ash with Pikachu and Riolu added. Why not take a 6th one too?

Ash: The thing is professor, I wanna give these guys a chance and if I need another pokemon, I could call you anyway.

Prof. Oak: Alright Ash, you need to get to the lab first, it's literally on the other side of the Viridian gym. There you'll meet professor Cerise and Goh. They'll fill you out on the details.

Ash: Thanks professor, I'll better go now, I'll let you know if I find something important alright?

Prof. Oak: Yes Ash, I'd be happy if you do that. And make sure to train hard and have fun while doing so. Also be very careful!

Ash: You know professor? They don't call me the Alolan Champ for nothing you know? Ash said while chuckling a bit.

Prof. Oak: That's the spirit my boy! Now go and hurry up! I'll let your mom know you are gone. Just make sure you are back in 2-3 days

Ash: Surething professor, no need to worry!

Then Ash recalls the pokemon he plans on taking with him except for Pidgeot ofcourse. He hopped on Pidgeot with Pikachu and Riolu sitting infront of him and they took to the skies towards Viridian City.

---------------------------------------------------------

This chapter will be a bit longer so I thought I'd splitt it into 2 parts. Let me know if you enjoy the story so far! 😁