The Battle of Tactics! CH-57 (1/2)

After Serena got her pokeball containing Altaria, she, together with Ash went to the Pokemon center in Santalune city where Gary and Shauna were already waiting. In their practice battle, Ash used Garchomp which he had switched for Noivern while Serena used Altaria. Gary and Shauna used Ivysaur and Blastoise. Together they worked on their combo moves in battle and at the end, Ash and Serena managed to win the battle with only Altaria standing, breathing heavily. Garchomp was knocked out in a head on collision with Gary's Blastoise who used move called Ice Bash. It was basicly a combination between Skull Bash and Ice Beam, just like Ash's Floatzel used Ice Aqua Jet which was super effective on Garchomp.

Later on they went back home. After dinner they went to bed, preparing for the next day which was Ash's battle against Sawyer. This time, Knowingly, Serena slept with Ash again. Ash was happy to have her with him, with Serena by his side, he had a much better time  preparing for the battle as she always knew how to motivate him and always knew the right words to say.

As Ash was deciding which Pokemon he wanted to take to school and which pokemon he was gonna use in battle, Serena walked up to him and helped him sort out the team. This time Lucario wanted to tag along to school aswell. Even though Ash was his trainer, he felt really close with Serena aswell.

As they finally decided on which pokemon to use, they went to school and arrived not much later. Some of their group of friends asked Ash which pokemon he was gonna use but he didn't want to spoil the secret. As he told them he glanced at Serena because she chose the team for Ash's battle today and he was eager to battle his old rival again. Sawyer always looked up to Ash and the last time, it was really close so Ash looked forward to the battle that was at hand.

As the battle was announced, everyone except for Ash and Serena walked to the stands of the small arena of the school. Serena wanted to talk and prepare Ash before the battle so they went together to Ash's locker room.

"So Ash, are you ready?" Serena asks with a cute smile which Ash always loves to see.

"You bet!" Ash says with a lot of determination.

Serena giggles at her boyfriend's behaviour. "Last time you battled, it was against Calem and Gladion made a huge introduction for you."

Ash sweatdrops. "Yeah... Those Alolan introductions are something you know..."

"Is he doing it again today?" Serena asks in curiosity.

"I called him last night. It was too short time. This time we need to introduce ourselves right buddies?" Ash says, looking at both Pikachu and Lucario who both cry out happily.

At that moment, professor Sycamore knocks on the door and opens it. "Ash, it's time. Are you ready?" He says.

Ash nods before looking back at Serena.

"Goodluck!" Serena says before getting on her tippy toes to kiss Ash on the lips while resting her hands on his chest. In the meantime, Ash wraps his arms around her waist and pulls her close.

As they break, they still have their foreheads against eachother and Serena says."You're gonna win this and never give up..."

"...Until the very end!" Ash finishes.

After that, they break and Serena walks towards the stands, finding herself a place next to Shauna and Dawn. Ash walks towards the battlefield as the announcer, which is none other than professor Sycamore himself, starts to speak.

"Welcome students of Sycamore High! Today we have a battle between the new student, A talented trainer who also has a sharp eye for tactics and strategies! Sawyer from Hoenn!" As Sycamore announced, Sawyer walks onto the field under loud applause and roars from the crowd.