Serena's Mission, Ash's Birthday! ~ CH-103

"Pikachu, Iron Tail!"

"Electivire, Brick Break!"

Pikachu rushed at Electivire with incredible speed. It's tail glowed a metallic silver while Electivire ran towards Pikachu, holding its left arm above its head while preparing to strike down on Pikachu.

Narrator: Currently, Ash and Gary are in a heated battle. It is their last lesson for the day. It was the battle class, given by Don George.

The moves collided, ending up in a stalemate. Both pokemon kept pushing one another.

"That's enough for now. Thanks Ash and Gary." Don George said. Both trainers relaxed their muscles as Pikachu and Electivire pulled back. Pikachu hopped on Ash's shoulder while Gary returned Electivire. "Great battle Ash." Gary commented, extending his hand.

"Likewise Gary." Ash replied as he accepted the hand and shook it.

"Do you see how important a good bond between trainer and pokemon is class?" Don George asked to all his students who sat around the battlefield. "Let's leave it at this, you're all free to go." Don George said, announcing the lesson was over.

With that, everyone in the class separated instead of Gary, Ash, Serena, Shauna, Brock and Misty.

"Are you guys coming over?" Ash asked. "Iris, Cilan, May, Clemont and even Max and Bonnie will come over later." He added.

Today, they were celebrating Ash's 18th birthday party. Serena, together with Grace and Delia had done a lot of work and effort to set things up. Along with Ash and her pokemon ofcourse. Ash didn't know what they had done but he knew something was up.

He also was a bit suspicious towards Serena. Last Monday, she said that she went shopping but dissapeared for the whole day. Not that he didn't trust her but when she came back, she had a few scratches on her face.

"Sure Ash!" Brock said with a wide, goofy smile. "I'm living at yours so there's no reason for me not to come. Besides, if there's cake, I wouldn't even dare to miss it." Gary shrugged his shoulders.

"We're coming too!" Shauna and Misty said in unison. Both shared a giggle as they looked at one another with confusion.

"What about you?" Ash asked, turning to his side where Serena stood. She raised his eyebrow at him. "What do you mean?"

"Are you coming too?" Ash asked again. Serena stared at him in confusion. "Ofcourse! I've been planning all this, why wouldn't I come? Besides, you know that I wouldn't miss it for the world!" Serena defended herself.

Ash chuckled slightly. "I'm just kidding. I know you wouldn't miss it." He said that as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled him to his side.

"Let's get a move on then!" Ash said before turning his head sideways, making sure that Pikachu was on his shoulder and Lucario by his side. "You guys ready too?" He asked in confirmation.

"Rrah!" "Pika!" Both replied eagerly.

The group walked towards Ash's and Gary's house which what took them around an hour. Normally they could go faster but they had to stop a few times as Brock would be distracted by some women that walked by. Everytime, Misty had to grab his ear and pull him back to the group while the others nervously laughed.

As they reached Ash's home, Ash unlocked the door. He wanted to open it but suddenly, Serena stepped infront of it, causing him, aswell as the rest to take a step back. "Something wrong Serena?" Ash asked, raising his eyebrow.

Serena took her bag from her shoulder and held it infront of her as she moved her hand through it, in search of something. Then, she flashed a smile as she took out the handkerchief that she held so dear to her. "Here, put this over your eyes." She said, handing over the handkerchief.