The Collision of Fire and Ice! (1/2) CH-42

Viola: This is where you're gonna battle!

Gary: Great! But if you're not the gym leader we need to battle, then where is he?

???: Right here!

Two doors at the gym leaders side if the battlefield opened. A shadow of a tall man was revealed as a freezing cold came from around him, blowing the gang in their faces which caused them to shiver.

"Wulfric!" Ash excitedly shouted, seeing the tall gym leader again.

Wolfric: Welcome Ash, I've heard I got two challengers for the Ice Pearl badge today.

Brock: Ice Pearl badge?

Wulfric: Yes! All badges you need to qualify for the World League are pearls. Right here you can win your first pearl which is the Ice Pearl badge. If you can defeat me atleast...

Ash: You're so on!

Wolfric: And who is my other challenger?

"That would be me!" Gary said as confidence beamed from his face.

Then Ash realised something.

Ash: Wait... You are the Snowbell gym leader, why are we battling here then?

Wulfric: That's a good question. The meaning of having our battle here is to change the enviroment up the challengers so they need to adapt to what they have to work with.

Brock: Thats very smart, this way trainers also don't know what they're dealing with.

Wulfric: Exactly! Now, who goes first?

"That would be me!" Ash shouted before Gary had a chance. "You don't mind right Gary?"

Gary: Sure Ash. It will give me an advantage, now I can study Wulfric's pokemon and tactics.

Wulfric: Then it's settled! Viola will you be the referee?

Viola: Ofcourse!

The group made their way to the stands except for Serena.

"Goodluck Ash" Serena said as she gave Ash a kiss on the lips.

Ash: You know that there's no way I can lose now right?

"That's why I did it" Serena said as she giggled before making her way to the stands.

Wulfric: I see something has changed from the last time we met.

Ash: Yeah! It's the best thing that happened to me since then!

Serena sat down by the rest. Then she put her hands together and held the ribbon on her chest, watching Ash with confidence.

"Now we're set!" Dawn said causing Serena to get out of her trance.

Piplup: Piplup!

Bunneary: Bun bun!

"Dawn! What are you doing!?" Serena said as she turned to Dawn, clueless why she was wearing a cheerleader outfit along with Piplup and Bunneary.

"Relax Serena, I used to do this during Ash's gym battles and league battles when we traveled through Sinnoh! He was unbeatable back then, the only thing that could stop him from winning the Sinnoh League were legendary pokemon. You could join if you want? I've got another set!" Dawn said as she got it out of her bag and held it infront of her while giving her a reassuring smile.

"U-Uhm..." Serena said as she got nervous.

Shauna: Come on Serena! I'm sure Ash would like it!

Serena: O-Okay! I-I'll do it!