Christmas Special

Hi everyone! Due to Christmas time, I thought it was a good time to take a small break from the usual schedule and deliver a special chapter. This is apart from the original timeline the story is going at so I hope you enjoy.

Merry Christmas everyone! Hopefully everyone has a good time with their friends, family or whoever you decide to celebrate it with. If you don't celebrate it, it's fine too! I just hope all of you have a wonderful time! Also, next chapter will probably be after the year change so I wish you an early happy new year!

Wordcount: 3600
_______________________________________

"Ash, have you gotten the baubles already?" Serena asked, pushing herself up and wiping some sweat from her forehead. She and Ash were almost done finishing up decorating the Christmas tree.

"Coming!" Ash shouted from another room before he came around the corner with a box in his hand. "Everything should be in here!" He said with much excitement in his voice before placing the box down.

Serena opened it and indeed, the baubles were in there, along with the shiny golden peak which must be placed up top.

The fireplace was on to keep the room warm. It was already winter and Christmas was just around the corner. Together, Ash and Serena were setting up and decorating the Christmas tree. First, they went to the store to choose a nice tree which ultimately Serena had chosen.

With the help of Ash's Tauros, they managed to get the tree home quite easily.

They didn't need any decorations since Ash told Serena that his mom always kept them in a box that was in the attic.

In the background was some Christmas music playing as the duo was working. It wasn't very loud, just the right volume as it added to the atmosphere.

Together, they hung up the baubles with large smiles om their faces which couldn't contain their excitement. Christmas was always special for the two of them. Being able to share it with their families and now with each other, it was even more special.

The chemistry they had as they worked, showed how perfect they were for each other. They filled each other's weaker points up perfectly and in that sense, they made quick work of decorating the tree.

"Now the only thing that's left is the peak!" Serena smiled widely, grabbing it from the box. She reached for the top of the tree but unfortunately, she couldn't reach high enough. She stood on her toes and even then, she came a few inches short.

"Let me help you." Ash suggested and before Serena could answer, he grabbed her from behind, wrapping his arms around her thighs and pulling her up.

"Wwwaaahh!! Aaaash!" Serena squealed in surprise as she got lifted from the ground.

"Relax, just add the peak to the tree." He gave her a toothy grin. Serena composed herself and now, with the added height, she placed it on top. After she did, Ash placed her back down on the ground.

"All done!" Both cheered happily. Serena clasped her hands together beside her face while looking at the finished product.

Ash, who had his hands on his hips stepped slightly behind Serena and wrapped his arms around her while looking over her shoulder, towards the Christmas tree.

"Now, the only thing that's left---"

"THE GIFTS!" Serena shouted in panic. "We've completely forgotten to get anything!" She added, grabbing her own face in a 'what do I do now' manner.