ROUND ONE! ASH VS CALEM! ~ CH-114

Chapter 114 - The battle between Ash and Calem! I hope you enjoy reading this one as much as I did writing it. One of the more fun battles I've written throughout the story so far! Don't forget to like, vote and to comment! Maybe even follow if you're really on it!

Also, I've made a discord server and if you want to join, I'll put a link in the comments! Now, without further a do, enjoy the new chapter!

Important info: The commentator will be written in Italics.

League scoreboard:
Bold: Trainer/Pokemon name

Italics: Fainted Pokemon

Underline: Resting Pokemon

(Pokeball): Unrevealed Pokemon

For example - Trainer A: Poke1, Poke2, Poke3, Poke4, Poke5 (Pokeball), Poke6 (active one)

Wordcount: 8248

*quick note, I know, Houndoom has the ability Flash Fire but just roll with it*
_______________________________________

Narrator: Last time, Ash and Serena had an encounter with one of Ash's old rivals, Morrison. Ash learned about the format and that he was to battle Calem. Now, standing on the grass battlefield as everyone is watching, both Ash and Calem hold their first choice firmly in their hands.

"Alright, let's show them how strong we've become!" Calem shouted as he flinged the Pokeball of his first choice forward. "Chesnaught, let's go!"

The Pokeball opened and a white flash appeared. The flash materialized in Calem's powerful and loyal Kalos starter. "Ches--- CHESNAUGHT!!" It roared in pride as it bumped it's fists against each other.

"Kay buddy! I choose you!" Ash shouted as he threw his chosen Pokeball toward the battlefield. The Pokeball opened and the white flash that appeared changed into a purple blob that landed on the ground. "Mu-Muk!!" It roared in its low-pitched voice.

"It seems that Calem has chosen to start off with his impressive Chesnaught while Ash has chosen for his Muk. Ash has the advantage here but don't let looks deceive you folks, this Chesnaught has single handedly worked Calem through the preliminary stages!"

Ash smirked. He was ready to battle and give it his all. Calem studied Muk's appearance. Like the commentator said, he was at a disadvantage but that didn't mean he couldn't win.

In the stands

"I didn't know Ash had a Muk?" Tierno said as he looked at the large Poison type.

"It's amazing!" Max said all of a sudden. "I've watched Ash's battles in the Indigo League and the Jotho league over and over again. How it took down that Bellsprout was truly amazing!" Max shouted in excitement.

"Uhh Max? I don't think a Bellsprout is that hard to beat..." Bonnie commented, sweatdropping.

"Oh if you only saw that one." Max laughed. "You'd beg to differ." He finished.