The Aftermath, Ash versus Trevor! ~ CH-121

Chapter 121 - The Aftermath, Ash versus Trevor!

This chapter will mostly be focused on Max's kind of depression? If you can call it that. I don't really know, it was pretty hard to write in order to get the right emotions in it. Let me know if I did a good or bad job in that regard.

Furthermore, halfway down the chapter, Ash's face off against Trevor will start. It will start halfway in the battle so you won't see one of Ash's pokemon shine. (sorry) it does get its acknowledgement though for being there.

Lastly, a bit off topic but I would like to hear some of your opinions about the first four of the 11 episode series about Ash's final part of his journey. Personally, I think the episodes have been pretty pointless so far as it didn't really do anything in a way to make him a pokemon master. The reunions with his friends are nice though and the reappearance of his old pokemon aswell, something we probably all asked for. Now we only need the long awaited Serena return and hope that Amourshipping is finally becoming canon.🙏

Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy the chapter and feel free to comment wherever you want. If you like it aswell, make sure to give it a vote. And if you want to be regularly updated by my posts or anything, make sure to drop a follow.

Next chapter is partly relaxing but also the start of Ash's next battle so stay tuned!

Important info: The commentator will be written in Italics.

League scoreboard:
Bold: Trainer/Pokemon name

Italics: Fainted Pokemon

Underline: Resting Pokemon

(Pokeball): Unrevealed Pokemon

For example - Trainer A: Poke1, Poke2, Poke3, Poke4, Poke5 (Pokeball), Poke6 (active one)

Wordcount: 6034

_______________________________________

Narrator: Last time, Max tasted defeat after a compelling battle against Bonnie. We now continue where we left off last time!

Max sat on his knees. His head hung low and his eyes were overshadowed. A small teardrop could be seen on his face. He took his pokeball and enlarged it. "Return Sceptile!" He said. A red beam followed, enveloping the grass type before it got sucked back into the pokeball.

In the stands, Clemont was celebrating, along with Trevor and Tierno. May however was silent, as were Gary and Shauna. Serena felt happy for Bonnie but she felt sad for Max and even for Ash. Although Ash didn't have anything to do with this battle. But as she stated earlier, Ash was some sort of mentor for Max.

Ash didn't know how to feel either. He wanted to celebrate for Bonnie but he knew how Max felt. His first ever league loss. Max was just like himself in terms of pokemon. Wanting to befriend every pokemon on sight and battle with them till they couldn't anymore.

He remembered his own first ever league loss. It was against Richie where Charizard refused to battle. That still hurted him sometimes and thus, he was able to place himself in Max's position.

Bonnie was celebrating with Delphox. They hugged, jumped and danced. Then, her eyes fell on Max. "Max?" She asked, cocking her head sideways while giving him a questioning look. "Are you okay?" She added with a questioning tone.

Immediately Max's head shot up. He faked a smile before answering. "Y-yeah! Congratulations Bonnie!" He said as he stood up and walked over to her in order to congratulate her. They exchanged a handshake but as he wanted to let go, Bonnie held on to his hand for a second longer while saying; "Thanks Max." She said in a sincere tone.