Graduation ~ CH-109

Chapter 109 done as the season finale closes in more and more. I'm surprised that I managed to finish the chapter this fast which means that either I'm really getting back into things or it was just a one time thing. I don't know, we'll have to see that. For now, you've been reading my rambling for long enough, enjoy the chapter!

Wordcount: 6935

Ps: don't forget to show your support in voting and to commenting! And if you're really on it, please follow me, it would mean the world to me and you won't miss out on any future chapters or even new book releases.
_______________________________________

"Charizard Flamethrower, Greninja counter with Water Shuriken!" Serena heard the voice from outside as she stood in the kitchen.

She sighed. It had been a few days after the Masterclass showcase where she got the title of Kalos Queen. It also had been a few days since that despicable deal had been made.

Serena wasn't happy with the deal but she knew it was her only chance to not go on a journey with Palermo and to stay with Ash, doing her own thing.

Ash wasn't as lively as he used to after that deal. He became more silent and distant to her and everyone else, only focussing on his training. She understood why he did it. It was for the same reasons as hers but still... She felt lonely at times.

She grabbed a small box which she used to put the macarons in that she had baked. She took the box and filled it with macarons before walked through the door opening, entering the backyard.

She watched as Charizard and Greninja clashed head on, just like Sceptile and Krookodile who ended up in locking into eachothers claws.

She placed her box of macarons on the table that was right on the porch before she walked over to Ash.

"Ash..." Serena whispered softly in a sad tone. He didn't reply as he didn't seem to hear it, something she wasn't surprised of. It happened now a lot since the Masterclass finals.

She walked over to him and hugged him from behind, placing her head on his back. "Ash..." She called out again. This time, she gained his attention.

"Oh... I didn't see you. Sorry Serena..." He said turning his head towards her.

"It's OK Ash. Don't worry about it." She wispered, still holding her head against his back. "I made some macarons, do you want to share them?"

"I would... but I have a lot of training to do... The Kalos League is next week." Ash said as he looked at his pokemon who were now taking a break.

"Oh... I see..." Serena wispered softly as she released herself from the hug she gave him. She slowly started walking back to the house.

Ash started to feel guilty as he turned around to see his girlfriend who had her back turned to him as she kept on walking. "Serena..."

"No Ash, go and train. I'm going home." Serena said immediately, picking up her box of macarons.

Ash sighed and walked over to her. Pikachu and Lucario were shaking their heads. Ash placed his hand on Serena's shoulder. "Serena, I-"

"What!?" Serena snapped. "I get that you need to train and that you're doing it for me but you have been training for four full days without taking any breaks! Have you ever thought about my feelings!?" Serena shouted with watery eyes.

Ash's eyes widened as her sudden outburst surprised him. "I-I'm sorry Serena... I didn't know..." He wispered softly.

"You have zoned me out and distanced yourself from everyone over the past couple of days. You start early in the mornings and stop training at almost midnight. Have you ever considered how lonely I felt!? I want the Ash back that cared about me, not some battle maniac!" Serena bursted into tears.