Unmasked ~ CH-135

Chapter 135 - Unmasked.

First off, I want to apologise to all of you. I promised to upload this chapter last week already but as you may have noticed, it's been delayed. Normally I do all my writing on my phone, however there are some issues now to which I can not edit a chapter without the app crashing instantly. Yet after some helpful people in the discord server, I managed to find a work around. It takes more time to write but alteast im able to write and upload. Again, sorry for taking so long but here it is. The chapter all of you have been waiting for... The man behind the mask, R!

- If you enjoy the chapter, I would really appreciate it if you left a vote.

- I do post a lot on my profile and if you want to be notified, make sure to drop a follow!

- Lastly, I would love it if you guys drop comments on things you notice, like or dislike. Let me know!

- I have a discord server with a few other writers/readers. Feel free to join, link is here or if it doesn't work, it's in the comments.

Discord link is in my Bio.

Important info: The commentator will be written in Italics.

League scoreboard:
Bold: Trainer/Pokemon name

Italics: Fainted Pokemon

Underline: Resting Pokemon

(Pokeball): Unrevealed Pokemon

For example - Trainer A: Poke1, Poke2, Poke3, Poke4, Poke5 (Pokeball), Poke6 (active one)

Wordcount: 7423

_______________________________________

"So? What do you wanna be when you grow up?" A small six year old boy with spiked hair sat in the grass. The sun was setting and the day had been long.

Next to him sat a girl of the same age as him. The duo had played together the whole day. By now, they were getting tired and watched the sunset.

The girl sat up straight as she looked at her knees, which were wrapped in her arms. She looked doubtful as she answered the question her friend asked her. "I-I don't know yet." The girl replied with a saddened expression.

Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder and as she turned her head, she saw a smile that she would remember for the rest of her life.

"Don't worry about it, you'll find it whenever you're ready!" He cheerfully smiled at her. The girl smiled in return at his enthusiasm before she asked. "What about you? What do you want?"

The boy frowned a little but then smiled. "I wanna work with pokemon and become a trainer!" He grinned. "And I wanna help you find your dream!" He added with a large smile covering his features.

The girl grinned. "Let's find our dreams together then!" She giggled excitedly, raising her hand high for a high five which he immediately matched. They laughed and giggled.

(---)

"What a shocking revelation! R's mask is off!!"

Aria stiffened in shock. The mask was off and the full identity of the mysterious R was revealed. Revealed as someone she knew very, very well. Her eyes were wide and teary while her mouth was open, only to be covered by her hands.

"R--- Riley!?" She finally cracked out. At seeing the person she had lost so long ago. She couldn't believe he was standing there, right infront of her after all these years. All she wanted to do now was run at him and jump in his arms. Cry her heart out for all the time that they had lost together.

But she couldn't... Not only because he was in the midst of his most important battle but he looked different. A lot of his features weren't recognizable by her. He looked so... changed, so.... bitter. The glint in his eyes was gone. He looked so sad which made her feel like her heart was being teared apart.

The trainer seemed to take notice thst his identity was revealed and casually put on his large hood. He didn't care at all about his disguise. He didn't utter a word as he did so.