Semi Final Frontier! CH-81

First of all I got a question foe you guys so please don't skip.

I want to ask if when you read this story, do you feel the emotions the protagonist feels?

Like for example, when Ash and Serena separate for a few moments, do you feel something like pain in the way you don't want that to happen and become eager to see her come back? I see a few people who can write like this to make you feel every emotion and it saddens me as sometimes I feel like I can't bring it over like they do.

Please let me know, I need the feedback, it would help me a lot in terms of improving myself as a writer.

Thanks <3
______________________________________

Narrator: It's Thursday evening, after Ash and Serena managed to win against their good friends Brock and Misty which qualified them for the semi finals. The sun was already set and it was already dark outside as Ash was training with his pokemon in the backyard.

"Ash! Are you coming inside?" Serena said as she stood in the opening of the glass door, looking into Ash's direction. She was already wearing her pyjamas and had her pink ribbon in her hair.

"Coming! Give me a minute!" Ash shouted back, not taking his eyes of Infernape who stood infront of him.

"What are you two doing?" She asked as she made her way over to Ash, hugging him from behind while placing her head on his shoulder, sleepily looking at Infernape.

"We're trying to trigger the bond evolution but no luck so far." Ash answered with a hint of sadness in his voice as he lowered his head.

"Still not working?" She said surprised. "Let's see... With Greninja, you two have to be in sync right?"

"Yeah. I'm trying to do the same with Infernape but it just won't work." He retorted as he sighed. Infernape looked down in sadness aswell.

"Hmm..." Serena thought for a moment. "I know!" She said all of a sudden as she had a light bulb moment. "Try to remember how you felt when you activated it the first time!" She suggested.

"Hmm--- I felt... Determined to win... I wanted to make you proud of me and just like normally, I gave it my all." Ash thought out loud as his palm supported his chin.

"That's sweet Ash---" Serena smiled as she spoke soothingly. "But no matter what, I'm always proud of you. As long you do your best and never give up until it's over." Serena said as she tightened the hug while moving her head into his neck.

Ash finally lifted his gaze from Infernape and turned his head to her, looking at her eyes. "You're right! We don't need some type of evolution to win. We'll win because we trust eachother and don't give up like you said!" Ash said with a smile as he thought back at the moment during his Sinnoh journey where he told Paul that he and Chimchar didn't need to use Blaze to win. Ironicly Blaze made him go through to the semi finals that time.

"There's my Ash again. Now let's get to bed, I'm getting cold!" Serena said sternly before she turned to Infernape. "You don't mind if I take him for now, don't you?" She winked mischieviously to which Infernape only gave his usual grin, not understanding what Serena was about to do to his trainer.

Ash and Serena walked back into the house as the scene started to fade slowly before turning into the empty corridors of the stadium where Ash and Serena stood hand in hand with their gazes locked at eachother, inches apart and moments away from their semi final battle against Dawn and Paul. Lucario stood by their side with Pikachu on his shoulder.

"Are you feeling any nerves?" Ash asked Serena with a sweet smile on his face. Serena shook her head with a sweet smile plastered on her face. "I'm not nervous at all. Together we can do this." She spoke soothingly, yet determined.