Chapter 1

Jayfeather re-organized his herbs. The dark forest had came, luckily ThunderClan had won against first wave, but Dovewing had just announced that the second wave was coming.

"Brairlight, get more herbs ready." Jayfeather ordered as he went outside.

Jayfeather wished his brother, Lionblaze, was here instead of helping ShadowClan.

Well, we're all doomed, Jayfeather thought.

Then more dark forest cats broke into ThunderClan camp. Firestar called a attack mrowl.
Jayfeather turned around, ready to head back into the medicine cat den.

"Brairlight!" Jayfeather yowled, "What are you doing out here?"

"I had to see them for myself!" Brairlight shouted over the screeching.

"Hurry! Get back inside!"

It was too late. A dark forest warrior had spotted them.

"Look at the pathetic clan cats." He snarled, leaping at Brairlight.

"No!" Millie yowled, leaping to intercept the warrior.

As he landed on Brairlight, she knocked him away.

"Stay away from my daughter!" She yowled.

Jayfeather ran over to Brairlight, "Come on!"

Brairlight didn't respond.

"Brairlight?" Jayfeather noticed a seeping wound in her throat.

"No! Brairlight!" Jayfeather yowled.

She was loosing blood fast. Millie had already killed the dark forest warrior.

"Save her! Save her!" Millie screeched hysterically.

"She would have been no use in Tigerstar's new rule." Another dark forest taunted.

Millie leaped blindly at him, only for him to move, pin her down and kill her. Millie was dead.

Jayfeather tried to ignore them as he dragged Brairlight into the medicine den. He had to try to save her.

"Brairlight it's going to be ok!" Jayfeather hissed.

"At least I can run in StarClan..." Brairlight whispered as she breathed her last breath.

No, Jayfeather thought, 'why StarClan would you let me save her all these moons just to let her die like this'

Jayfeather, lost with grief, listened to the battle, two cats spoke over the rest of the battle noises.

"Look around, Brambleclaw." Hawkfrost said, "you're loosing! Many of your Clanmates are dead."

Brambleclaw yowled at Hawkfrost, "At least they died honorably instead of living like a dungface like you!"

Hawkfrost snarled.