Chapter 13

"Foxleap! Rosepetal!" Lionblaze said cheerfully, "We're up here!"

Dawnpelt and Applefur were also there and followed Foxleap and Rosepetal.

"What happened?" Lionblaze asked.

"We barely escaped RiverClan." Rosepetal said.

"A couple RiverClan cats escaped, but they went with the ShadowClan cats to new territory." Foxleap said.

"I couldn't leave... Not with cats left behind to the dark forest's wrath. I stayed behind and found Dawnpelt by herself and we both came here." Applefur said.

Dawnpelt wailed, "They captured Tigerheart and killed Tawnypelt!"

"They took some RiverClan cats too." Rosepetal said.

"We won't know what the dark forest is up to until tomorrow." Lionblaze said pointing to the fast asleep Dovewing.

Jayfeather looked up through a hole in the roof at the moon.
'Oh Half Moon...'

><><><><><><><><

{ Time:  The morning after the attack}

Dovewing got up and stretched her sore legs. Ivypool waited beside her.

"So... What are we doing today?" Dovewing asked.

"You need to look for survivors to take with us to new territory." Ivypool reminded her.

"Ok ok," Dovewing closed her eyes and stretched her mind to the old clans territory.

"There are some WindClan cats in the inhabited forest behind there old territory."

"What about the dark forest camp?" Lionblaze asked, "The new comers said they are taking prisoners."

"New comers?" Dovewing asked.

"Rosepetal, Foxleap, Applefur, and Dawnpelt." Ivypool informed her, "they arrived last night."

Dovewing stretched her gaze to the dark forest camp. She gasped. She saw Tigerheart and Tigerstar. Tigerstar was pushing Tigerheart into a cage in a hollow tree. 'Oh Tigerheart...'

"I see Tigerheart!" Dovewing announced, "The camp is in the abandoned twoleg nest in ThunderClan Territory."

"Is he alright?" Dawnpelt asked running over.

Dovewing tried to see into the trap, but her legs stared swaying. She lost the connection. She was too tired.

"I don't know. But they have others as well in the cage! I couldn't make out who." Dovewing said, "We have to go rescue them!"

"First we need all the help we can get, we need to find the WindClan cats." Lionblaze said.

As much as Dovewing wanted to charge right into dark forest camp, Lionblaze was right.