Chapter 15

It was sunhigh, Lionblaze walked into the "camp" barn with prey. Cinderheart walked over to him and purred.

"Luckily there's enough prey here." Lionblaze said.
'As scrawny as it may be....' He thought.

Ivypool walked over to him "We're ready to leave."

Lionblaze nodded, and with Dovewing leading, they left to go find the WindClan cats.

><><><><><><><><><

Dovewing reported, "the WindClan cats are surrounded by dark forest cats, just over there."

Lionblaze replied "Everyone in their positions! Stick to the plan!"

The group split up. Lionblaze waved his tail and at once the clan cats surrounded them. The dark forest cats turned around the hissed to the clan cats.

Hawkfrost stepped forward.
"Clan cats! Tigerstar was expecting you...." Hawkfrost sneered.

Lionblaze yowled, "You killed my father!"

Breezepelt then rammed into Lionblaze.
"-and you killed my mother!" Lionblaze yowled again.

Wondering briefly where Squirrelflight was, and if she was alive. The battle began.

><><><><><><><><

The battle was fierce, but the dark forest cats outnumbered the clan cats. Ivypool clawed a dark forest cat's nose who was trying to attack Sedgewhisker, who was guarding her kits. Emberfoot fought beside her, protecting his mate.

"Retreat!" Lionblaze yowled.
They had cleared a path for them and the WindClan cats to escape.

Ivypool grabbed one of the kits, while Emberfoot got the other one. They ran. The dark forest cats chased them. Then Sedgewhisker tripped on a root.

"No!" Emberfoot yowled.

He handed another cat, Harespring, the other kit and ran back for his mate. Ivypool never saw them again. Later, Ivypool assumed they got swept away in the dark forest wave.

Then, The only thing Ivypool thought of was to run carrying the same, shivering bundle of fur. Soon the clan cats outpaced the dark forest cats. They had made it back to the ThunderClan "camp" barn. But how many were still alive?