Chapter 30

{ Thanks for the 500+ views and 100+ votes!! }

Jayfeather walked though the misty land of StarClan towards the silver cat with stars in her paws. He was dreaming.

"Dovewing!" Jayfeather called.

Next to her, a russet brown Tom sat, Foxleap. Both of them were watching the ground. Jayfeather walked over to them and saw what they were looking at. Ivypool. Dovewing was watching over her sister.

Jayfeather watched as Ivypool enter the dark forest camp with Petalfur and the kits.

"Um, why did you call me here?" Jayfeather asked.

It was only the night after her death.

"I'm leaving." Dovewing said, "I wanted to tell the clan cats before I left."

"Leaving StarClan?" Jayfeather gasped.

He looked at Foxleap for answers but he shock his head. He knew nothing more than what he did.

"StarClan has asked me to go help a close friend of yours." Dovewing said.

'Half Moon?' Jayfeather wondered, 'was she going back in time like he did?'

"Will... You be reincarnated? Like Cinderpelt?" Jayfeather asked.

"No.. Cinderpelt's spirit was only visiting Cinderheart's body. When I leave... We will be the same cat. And no.. I won't have my powers. I won't need them." Dovewing said.

"Good bye Dovewing." Foxleap said warmly, "I'll always be watching over you."

"Wait, you're leaving now? As in now now?" Jayfeather was startled.

"Goodbye..." Dovewing whispered as she disappeared.
Foxleap sighed and walked away.

"Where are you going?" Jayfeather asked.

"To watch over Dovewing of course." He stated.

"You can't leave me here!" Jayfeather wined.

"Oh. You aren't alone." Half moon said from behind him.

"Half Moon!" Jayfeather said happily, "aren't you the one who Dovewing is going to help?"

"No, I'm sorry. I do not know. But all will be revealed in time. Now get some good sleep. You'll need your energy for the hard task ahead." Half Moon said.

Jayfeather was swept out of StarClan and into the darkness of sleep.