Chapter 47

Rustyblaze followed Ivypool to the stream quietly with the patrol following behind. At once they all leaped into the waterless side of the dam and started clawing away at the barrier. In the distance they started hearing yowls and screeches. Lionblaze's patrol must have attacked.

'Everything going to plan so far...' That was until Rustyblaze noticed Hawkfrost leading a patrol of dark forest warriors to where they were.

"Ivypool!" He called, "TigerClan warriors coming!"

"Blossomfall, Whitewing! Stay here. Mousewhisker, Rustyblaze, Molewhisker, let's go!"

Rustyblaze leaped out of the ditch after Ivypool. It was a smaller patrol of dark forest warrior than expected, but they were still outnumbered. Out of the corner of his eye, Rustyblaze saw Ivypool ram into Hawkfrost. Rustyblaze found himself fighting Darkstripe.

The battle was fierce, cats yowling and claws everywhere. Darkstripe eventually overpowered Rustyblaze.

"Stupid little kittypet, never trusted you from the beginning." Darkstripe hissed, "born a kittypet, and now you'll die a kittypet!"

"So be it!" Rustyblaze hissed back bravely.

But to his surprise, another flash of fur knocked Darkstripe off of him.
'Molewhisker!'
Molewhisker continued fighting the dark forest warrior. Darkstripe lunged at the smaller warrior, but Molewhisker side-stepped him and flashed out a claw. The surprised Darkstripe collapsed as blood welled from his throat until he finally disappeared.

"One less traitor in the forest." Molewhisker hissed.

Rustyblaze was about to reply, but Molewhisker suddenly collapsed to the ground too.

"No!!" Rustyblaze yowled as blood started swelling from Molewhisker's belly.

Rustyblaze ran over to the fallen tom, but it was too late. Molewhisker was dead.

Rustyblaze grew up with a peaceful youth, hardly anyone ever died. Not anyone he could remember. And not anything like tonight. The amount of blood and death made him Sick. Rustyblaze finally remembered to close his mouth as he found himself screeching.

Though he had barley knew the young Tom, he couldn't help but overwhelm with compassion for him.

"Don't act so shocked, all of the rogue cats will be death by dawn." A voice sneered behind him.
Eagleclaw. His brother.

"You did this?!?"
Eagleclaw simply shrugged.

Before Rustyblaze could stop himself, he lunged at Eagleclaw.
Eagleclaw fell under Rustyblaze's sudden attack.

"Do you really think you can beat me, kittypet?!" Eagleclaw yowled.

"I'll die trying!" Rustyblaze replied as the two continued fighting.