Chapter 24

Tigerheart pricked his ears. He  and Willowshine scented other cats close by. Soon enough, a small patrol of clan cats were tearing though the cage wall and had made a hole big enough for them to escape.

When Tigerheart first stepped out of the den, the first cat he saw was Dovewing.

"Tigerheart!" She ran over to him happily.

"Dovewing!" Tigerheart happily greeted back, "Thanks for rescuing me."

"Come on!" Willowshine interrupted their reunion and together they all ran back to the fight in the clearing away from the camp.

"Where's Squirrelflight?" Lionblaze asked at their arrival.

"She's dead." Willowshine said.

Lionblaze was a bit taken back at the sudden news, but quickly recovered, "The dark forest cats have blocked our escape. We're going to have to fight our way out."

"We'll help!" Blossomfall and Thornclaw walked over.

"Really? I thought you sided with the dark forest?" Lionblaze asked.

"We realized we were wrong to leave you all behind." Blossomfall said, "but we learned some things while we were here that might help."

"Thanks." Ivypool said happily.

>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<

"No, Thornclaw!" Blossomfall ran over to him.

Thistleclaw had just slit his throat. Thornclaw was the first to fall in the battle. They had been fighting for a while now.

"That's what happens to traitors!" Thistleclaw said, now turning to Blossomfall.

Blossomfall launched herself at Thistleclaw in rage.

"Let's go!" Ivypool shouted.

Blossomfall gave one last claw swipe at Thistleclaw before turning and running. Ivypool followed close behind. More dark forest Warriors were coming. She wasn't sure anymore that they would make it out of the territory.

'This is the time for desperate measures....' Ivypool thought.