Chapter 49

Dapplefrost watched as Tigerstar challenged the rogue cat's leader. The battle would begin any moment now.
"This territory is ours!" Lionblaze snarled.
"Never! TigerClan, attack!" Tigerstar yowled.
The dark forest cats ran towards the rogue cats. Dapplefrost and Streamfur stayed where they were. She turned around to see Midnight, Tigerstar's lumbering badger ally, ran into the camp and Lionblaze and a couple other warriors leap on her. Dapplefrost's ears hurt from all the yowling. She watched as cat fought against cat. She saw two rogue cats kill a brown dark forest tom, who let out one last yowl before fading away. Even though Dapplefrost hasn't even unsheathed her claws yet, she felt incredibly nauseous, even swaying on her paws a bit.
"Are you ok--" Streamfur started before Hawkfrost ran over to them.
"Come on, we need to attack the cats at the stream! This is just a distraction!" Hawkfrost said.
Dapplefrost and Streamfur followed him. Hawkfrost waved his tail towards more warriors including Darkstripe, Eagleclaw, and Clawface. Dapplefrost lingered behind when they got closer to the stream when Ivypool and a patrol of rogue cats run forward to attack Hawkfrost's patrol. Ivypool rammed into Hawkfrost. Dapplefrost tensed up as she saw Rustyblaze fighting Darkstripe. Though she felt Streamfur oddly relax seeing the orange Tom- probably thankful he was still alive. Dapplefrost had to think fast as she saw Lionblaze and Midnight fighting. She shoved Streamfur out of their way as the rogue cats continued attacking the badger.
"I will always keep my promise!" Midnight snarled.
The rogue cats tackled the badger, with finally Lionblaze killing her with one last growl. Midnight lay dead. To Dapplefrost's surprise, she too faded away into nothingness. Lionblaze commanded his cats to head back to the dark forest camp, to try to keep the fight there. Lionblaze started walking away, before he noticed Dapplefrost and Streamfur.
"Which side are you two on?" Lionblaze growled.
Dapplefrost hesitated. She honestly didn't know anymore. Streamfur knew right away.
"I'm on whatever side Rustyblaze is on. I will follow him and him only. I will follow him anywhere." Streamfur said confidently.
Dapplefrost wasn't surprised of Streamfur's the outburst of feelings towards Rustyblaze. She known for a long time the silver she-cat had liked him, but never got the chance to tell him with Tigerstar constantly breathing down their necks.
Streamfur ran off and leaped onto Maggottail, who was fighting Mousewhisker and helped him finished him off before Maggottail too faded away. Dapplefrost also noticed it started raining.
"What about you?" Lionblaze asked Dapplefrost.
Dapplefrost hesitated again.
'How can I go against the clan I was born in? I was raised in? The clan I've known all my life... The clan who I've pledged my loyalty to my whole life? Yet... It doesn't feel correct... Rustyblaze did tell me that evil cats who have died go to the dark forest. Should I really help them? Do I have a choice? I do. It is my choice. And I know what I must do.'
Ignoring Lionblaze's question, she ran past him and towards the fighting cats near the stream. She ran towards the stream, with cats yowling all around her.
"Dapplefrost?" Streamfur asked, but Dapplefrost ignored her too. Dapplefrost ran until she stood right on the edge of the stream, at the start of the bridge. For the first time ever, it was clear to Dapplefrost of what she had to do, she didn't doubt herself or ever look back. It was raining harder now. Dapplefrost plunged into the river on the water side of the dam. Instantly the freezing cold water soaked her pelt. Dapplefrost, with a last burst of energy, rammed into the dam. And with the help of the other patrol which dislodged most of the heavy sticks and the rain which loosened the hard mud- the dam broke. Dapplefrost was lost in the fast flowing water as it finally rushed towards Moonpool. She briefly noticed Streamfur running towards the stream and calling out her name before going under again. Dapplefrost's vision went dark as she lost the direction of upward. 'So this is the end...'
>>>>>><<<<<
Fun Fact:
If Ivypool had never join the dark forest, Dapplefrost would have become evil and would have killed Lionblaze in the battle, making the dark forest win.