Chapter 29

"Cats of the clans! We are wounded and hungry. After Jayfeather and Willowshine have treated your wounds, ask Reedwhisker and Harespring what you can do. We need more prey. Even though we have been defeated, we have not lost. Will the senior warriors meet me here later on tonight so we can discuss plans. Thornclaw, Dovewing, and Foxleap will be missed." Lionblaze finished.

Brackenfur, Bumblestripe, and Rosepetal looked like they were remembering the fallen.

He leaped down. 'Ow!' He had landed on his injured leg. 'I hope no one noticed that I'm injured...'

"Good idea by have the former deputies do something." Cinderheart said looking at Harespring and Reedwhisker.

Even though Harespring was not WindClan deputy for long, Onestar had appointed him during the dark forest battle right after Ashfoot's death.

Then he hesitated.
"I mean... Unless you want to do something... I didn't mean to.. Uh.." Lionblaze stuttered to his mate.

"No. It's ok." She smiled, "I'm tired anyway."

Jayfeather walked over to them.

"Let me look at your wounds." Jayfeather said to Lionblaze.

"What do you mean? I'm completely fine." he said.
Jayfeather hissed, "don't lie to me! I'm feeling your leg pain right now!"

"I'm fine. I can not be wounded, remember?"

Jayfeather hissed, "Come on! It's no secret that we're slowly loosing our powers!"

Cinderheart gasped.