Chapter 17

Jayfeather and Ivypool crept into the Moonpool area. They had taken the long way to avoid any dark forest warrior, though they almost alerted a dark forest patrol.

"Stay here and keep watch." Jayfeather said as he crept towards the moonpool.

To his surprise, it was much smaller than usual, about half its normal size.

'Well it hasn't rained lately...' Jayfeather laid down and closed his eyes.

>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<

Again, There was no StarClan. Half Moon was the only one that appeared, but clearer this time.

"Half Moon! Where's StarClan?" Jayfeather asked again.

"Tigerstar has disturbed the balance between light and dark." Half Moon tried to explain.

'Yeah, no kidding. Dark is winning.'

"I will explain more later, now the only this that matters is Squirrelflight." Half Moon replied.

"Squirrelflight?" Jayfeather gasped. He had assumed she had died.

"There is only one cat who can destroy a clan, either the dark forest cats or the clan cats. The kit's kits of two of the leaders of light and dark." Half Moon recited the prophecy.

"Tigerstar and Firestar, Squirrelflight kits." Jayfeather said, "So, Squirrelflight's alive? When will they be born?"

Half Moon looked in the distance like she could see to the mountains and back. Her white fur shinned and her leaf green eyes reminder him of Hollyleaf. Jayfeather hoped his sister would visit him in a dream one day.

"Tonight, about midnight." Half Moon confirmed.

"What? But- where is she?" Jayfeather asked.

"The dark forest camp."

"So the cats that could one day destroy us all are about to be born. We have to rescue them!"

"Now, there is nothing you can do but wait, trust StarClan." Half Moon started to fade away.

"Where was StarClan when we were attacked by the dark forest?!?" Jayfeather yowled into the abandoned StarClan.

The moon had just risen over the treetops. Then he woke up.

'The three failed, yet they used to be four soon they will be two, now another three will replace them. The three failed... Failed...'

An old spooky voice rang in his ears as he sat up, getting the cold moonpool water off his muzzle.

'Yellowfang?' Jayfeather looked around.
'Where was Ivypool?'