Chapter 20

Petalfur starting gently licking the small bundle of fur.

"That's the last one, Squirrelflight!" Willowshine said happily, "you did it!"

Leafpool still looked worried.
"Leafpool..." Willowshine trailed off looking at the StarClan warrior.

"She lost a lot of blood because her kits were born too soon..." Leafpool also trailed off.

"Are you saying that Squirrelflight will die?" Petalfur gasped.

"At least I'll be with Brambleclaw... And Firestar... And you Leafpool..." Squirrelflight moaned.

"No, you can't die Squirrelflight!" Willowshine said.

"It is her time." Leafpool whispered, "even StarClan couldn't have saved her."

Then, Squirrelflight lay still. Even though Petalfur had hardly known the ThunderClan warrior; she too felt deeply moved at her death.

Petalfur watched as Squirrelflight's spirit leaped up from her body, and ran over to Leafpool like a kit. She turned around to look at Petalfur.

"Petalfur, please take care of my kits." Squirrelflight asked.
"Of course!" Petalfur replied instantly.

'How could I not?' Petalfur asked herself.

The two StarClan warriors started to disappear.

"Wait! I still have more questions!" Willowshine cried out to the two she-cats.

"In good time, all will be known." Leafpool whispered before fading away completely.

>>>>>>>>~<<<<<<<<

Tigerstar impatiently waited outside of the den with Hawkfrost, Sparrowfeather, and Tigerheart. After Tigerheart delivered the moss, stick, and few herbs they kicked him out because he was in the way.

Tigerstar pricked his ears. It was silent in the den. Then Willowshine came out.

"Congratulations, you are the grandfather of three heathy kits." Willowshine shuddered, "but Squirrelflight is dead."

Tigerstar thought, 'good, she was just going to die later on anyways with the other ThunderClan cats.'

"Sparrowfeather, Tigerheart, go bury the body." Tigerstar commanded.

He waited until the two warriors took the dead corpse out of the small den. Then Willowshine, Tigerstar, and Hawkfrost entered. Petalfur had the all kits against her belly, happily suckling.

Tigerstar growled with his eyes fixed on the one little kit. a orange tabby Tom, just like Firestar.

{ Too early to ask for votes? }