Chapter 36

Tigerstar led Hawkfrost, Sparrowfeather, Ivypool, and all the apprentices into dark forest territory.

It was a Quarter moon since Rustypaw left camp and since then Rustypaw had only left camp a couple other times, now Tigerstar wanted to show him and Ivypool what the others were learning.

"It's a big honor to come with us and watch." Tigerstar said.

"Of course." Rustypaw said happily.

He was excited to see what his littermates were bragging about.

"Not like you should even be compared to us." Eaglepaw hissed.

Rustypaw sighed. Thanks to Tigerstar encouragement, the two felt as if they were better than everyone.
Streampaw slowed down to keep pace with him.

"They don't really mean it." She started in a whisper.

Rustypaw flicked his ears to show he didn't care.

"I'm excited to see what you learned." He told her.

Dapplepaw turned around, "you should be because-"

Tigerstar interrupted her, "we are here. Rustypaw, this is the training area where your littermates train."

Ivypool silently hissed at the way Tigerstar was treating him like a kit, but in a way.. Rustypaw was.
Rustypaw sat next to Ivypool on the edge of the sandy area, glad to get off his paws. He still wasn't used to traveling long distances.

"Eaglepaw, Dapplepaw, fight!" Tigerstar called.

At once the two apprentices leaped forward and rammed into each other.

Eaglepaw had the advantage, as he was bigger than she; Dapplepaw was smarter and quicker than he was. Soon Dapplepaw had overtaken Eaglepaw but he threw her off.

When the two were separated, Tigerstar called, "Stop!"
The two instantly stopped.

"Good job, Rustypaw. Your turn."

"What?!?" Ivypool hissed, "he hasn't had any warrior training!"

"Now is his time to learn. Eaglepaw, Rustypaw, fight!"

Before Rustypaw had time to step into the clearing, Eaglepaw rammed into him, and he rolled deeper into the territory with Eaglepaw close behind.

"Come on, kittypet. Afraid to fight?" Eaglepaw taunted.