Chapter 50

Dapplefrost gasped a breath of air as she finally broke surface again.
'I'm alive!'
To her surprise, Streamfur swam next to her, helping her stay above the surface. But Dapplefrost knew the smaller she-cat couldn't swim for both of them for long. Dapplefrost was also surprised how far they floated, the Moonpool was close and the fighting patrol were a couple fox-lengths away. Oh, and there was the fact a strange glowing light appeared in the center of the moon pool when the water finally reached there. Then the two she-cats went under again. Streamfur used all her energy to keep them above.
"Let us help.." An echoy voice said as Dapplefrost noticed more cats had joined them. Dapplefrost felt more cats help her to the shore, and soon Dapplefrost again felt land underneath her paws.
Dapplefrost, after coughing up water, looked up to see who saved them, but didn't recognize the cats who had stars their paws.
"Hi Dapplefrost, I'm your mother, Squirrelflight." The first one day.
Dapplefrost found herself holding her breath.
"Squirrelflight?" She wheezed out.
"And I'm Petalfur, your mother Streamfur." The second one said.
"Petalfur!" Streamfur squealed with delight.
"Come on! We need to help the other cats!" A dark brown tabby Tom yowled as more starlit cats appeared.
"That's your father, Brambleclaw." Squirrelflight said, running after her mate with Petalfur following.
"Brambleclaw?" Dapplefrost repeated, in a daze, "StarClan cats?"
"Come on!" Streamfur yowled in her ear, snapping her out of her daze.
Dapplefrost ran on with the starlit warriors running with her. Most of them headed to the dark forest camp while a patrol's worth stayed to help defeat Hawkfrost's patrol. The first thing Dapplefrost notice is her two brothers viciously fighting each other. Eagleclaw had Rustyblaze pinned down. Both- but mostly Rustyblaze- had lots of wounds. Dapplefrost flung Eagleclaw off of him.
"Get out of my way." Eagleclaw panted, his eyes fixed on Rustyblaze, "I have something to finish."
"It's over Eagleclaw. The StarClan cats have arrived. The dark forest will be defeated." Dapplefrost said.
"What?!? No! The only one that could do that was one of... YOU?!? It was you all along???" Eagleclaw launched himself at Dapplefrost, "it was supposed to be me!"
"What?!" Dapplefrost asked him.
"The prophecy!!!!" Eagleclaw hissed back.
Dapplefrost had no idea what her brother was going on about. She shoved Eagleclaw off of her and pinned her down.
"It doesn't matter, look around you!" Dapplefrost said as she watched a starlit warrior kill Shredtail most slowly.
"This is for killing Dovewing!" A russet orange red Tom yowled as a calico-ish she-cat pinned Shredtail down.
"And Me and you, Foxleap!" The she-cat yowled.
"And Tawnypelt!" Foxleap added.
Shredtail finally faded away into nothingness. Nearby, Dapplefrost noticed a Orange tabby Tom walk into the area. Tigerstar walked over to meet him. A hush went over the crowd as the two great cats went to face each other. The Orange Tom reminded Dapplefrost of Rustyblaze.
"Firestar." Tigerstar spat, "we meet again at last."
"It's time for you to die, Tigerstar." Firestar snarled.
"You'll have to make me." Tigerstar hissed back.
Firestar launched himself at Tigerstar who was unprepared for the attack. After a brief moment of fighting, Tigerstar's blood stained Firestar's claws. A flash of lightening revealed that Firestar had finally killed Tigerstar, once and for all.
"Tigerstar is dead!" Dapplefrost announced.
"No!" Eagleclaw yowled.
"Yes, Eagleclaw. Yes." Rustyblaze finally got up.
Streamfur rushed over to him.
"Are you alright?" Streamfur asked him.
"Just a couple scratches." Rustyblaze was obviously in pain.
"Wow..." Dapplefrost breathed as the dark forest and StarClan warriors all at once started fading away.
"Everyone is going back to where they belong." Firestar announced, "just as the clan cats will return to their rightful territory!"
The clan cats all yowled in agreement. The dead warriors finally faded away completely and the world was filled with unreal silence. 'The dark forest is gone...'
Firestar's voice echoed in her head that only she could hear, "Thank you for saving the clans..."
And then it was gone. 'I guess I was the one...'
"Come on. I'll help you with your wounds." Streamfur led the wounded warrior away from the blood stained on the grass.
"We're not finished yet, Rustypaw!" Eagleclaw yowled to him from underneath Dapplefrost's firm grip.
"It's Rustyblaze!" The tom whirled around with fury in his eyes.
Lionblaze called all the cats together. Ivypool appeared out of no where next to her.
"We shall morn the lose of Molewhisker and Whitewing, but with every victory comes with cost. We defeated the dark forest and claimed back our territory. The clan cats will live on!" Lionblaze called out.
Yowls filled the silence once more.
"What are we going to do with the traitors?" Dapplefrost finally let Eagleclaw up. She also noticed Reswillow and Breezepelt looking furious that they lost.
"I don't know... But we'll figure it out. We're clan cats. And we survive." Ivypool replied before walking away towards Mousewhisker. Dapplefrost looked down at her paws. 'I guess I am a clan cat after all...' It felt nice. Peaceful. Good.how it was supposed to feel.