Chapter 38

Rustypaw followed Ivypool out of the camp the next day.

Briefly, he thought he noticed Streampaw and Dapplepaw see him leave. Dapplepaw looked as if she wanted to question him, but then decided not to.

Once they were far enough away from camp, Rustypaw finally asked Ivypool.
"Why does Tigerstar hate me so much?" Rustypaw asked.

"It's not your fault." Ivypool said simply.

"No, tell me the real reason."

Ivypool sighed, "because his arch enemy was your other grandfather. He once was a kittypet, his kittypet name was Rusty. Firestar, his warrior name, became the leader of ThunderClan. I don't know the whole story, but I just know Tigerstar ultimately hated Firestar. You look very much like him, except he had green eyes, not yellow."

"Did you ever meet him?" Rustypaw asked.

"Yes. He was my leader for a long while. Since I was born. I never got to know him well, but he was a excellent leader. Sadly Tigerstar finally got his revenge by killing him."

"Firestar's dead?!?"

Ivypool sighed, "yes."

>>>>>>>><<<<<<

"Hi Mousewhisker!" Rustypaw greeted the Tom.

"Anything happen?" Ivypool asked the usual question.

"Dawnpelt had kits!" He announced.

Ivypool purred with pleasure.
Though Rustypaw didn't know much about the mysterious group of cats which he was related to, but Ivypool clearly couldn't wait until she could see them again.

"Oakkit, Strikekit, and Tawnykit." Mousewhisker said.

"Tawnykit..." Ivypool said sadly, thinking back to pervious memories.

"Tawnykit?" Rustypaw asked.

"Tawnypelt is her mother." Ivypool confirmed.

"Oh."

'So many cats!' He thought.

"And Dewpaw, Amberpaw, and Lilypaw were made apprentices!" Mousewhisker said happily.

"Cloudtail and Brackenfur must be so proud! Also Whitewing, Cinderheart, and Poppyfrost!" Ivypool said.

Rustypaw's head was spinning of all the new names.

"How are Sunkit, Grasskit, Cherrypaw, and Molepaw?" Ivypool asked.

"Great! Sunkit and Grasskit should be apprentices in a couple of moons and the other two will be warriors sooner or later!" Mousewhisker replied, "and Lionblaze wants to come and meet Rustypaw!"

"Lionblaze?" Rustypaw asked.

"He's the leader." Ivypool explained.

"Like Tigerstar?" Rustypaw shivered.

"No, nothing at all like Tigerstar." Ivypool said with a bit of a edge.