Chapter 5

Ivypool asked Lionblaze, "How? It's morning and there's about a dozen dark forest warriors out there!"

"I know, we can't fight them, not in the conditions we are in." Lionblaze paused for a moment.

Cinderheart walked over.
"What about Twolegs? They use things to float on the water? Why can't we?" She asked.

"Good idea Cinderheart!" Lionblaze said as he called the clan cats together.

"We need to find a log, or something floatable!" Lionblaze announced.
The clan cats split up only with Poppyfrost staying behind watching after the kits.

'This will work.. Somehow..' Lionblaze thought.
🐾

🐾
It was before sunhigh when the clans finished searching. A log, a weird black, round twoleg thing with a hole through the middle ((cough a tire cough)), and a piece of wood is all they found.

"Ok," Lionblaze instructed, "place the price of wood on top of the black Twoleg thing."

Brackenfur, Cloudtail, and Lionblaze heaved the thing on the other thing and pushed it out on the water.
The clan cheered as it floated.

"Everyone get on! Kits and apprentices first!" Lionblaze commanded.

Cherrypaw and Molepaw excitedly hopped onto the thing while Cloudtail, Brackenfur, and Poppyfrost brought the kits on board.

"I wish Seedkit were here." Lilykit complained.

"Me too." Brackenfur answered sadly.

The rest of the clan squeezed onto the thing. Except Lionblaze.

"Lionblaze, come on!" Cinderheart called.

"Someone has to push you off the shore and-"

"No!" Cinderheart and Ivypool said at the same time.

"We are not leaving you behind." Ivypool said.

"You're one of the three!" Jayfeather called from somewhere in the middle of the group of cats.

Then agreement broke out over who should push it to shore.