Chapter 46

Rustyblaze waited with Ivypool near the tree stump, it was again the time to meet Mousewhisker. Rustyblaze sighed, wishing that Dapplefrost and Streamfur were here too, but Dapplefrost had been avoiding him ever since she learned about their plans. Rustyblaze turned around to see Mousewhisker walk into the clearing, and to his surprise, Lionblaze followed.

"Anything new?" Ivypool asked.

"Lilyheart's expecting kits." Mousewhisker informed.

Ivypool sighed, "the last time I saw her was when she was a kit."

'Has it really been that long?' Rustyblaze wondered.

"And-" Lionblaze started, "Jayfeather talked to Half Moon again. She said the time to attack is near... Or something like that."

Rustyblaze's paws prickled in excitement.

"We will attack in three days." Lionblaze announced.

"That soon?" Rustyblaze wondered out loud.

"Yes," Lionblaze confirmed, "I'll lead the first patrol, to draw the dark forest warriors away from Moonpool, Ivypool, you and your patrol will go destroy the dam."

"Sounds good." Ivypool said.

>>>>>>>><<<<<<<

[ Three days later... ]

Rustyblaze shuffled his paws nervously, it was past sunhigh and they would attack before dusk. Soon.
Ivypool and Rustypaw waited at the meeting place for Lionblaze and the most of the clan cats. Rustyblaze's eyes widened as several cats walked into the clearing, but hardly any compared to the dark forest's numbers.

"Whitewing, Mousewhisker, Molewhisker, Rustyblaze, and Blossomfall go with Ivypool; the rest come with me. We will only be distracting the dark forest cats while Ivypool's patrol destroys the dam. We leave soon." Lionblaze commanded.

Rustyblaze watched as Ivypool weaved among her clanmates, happily chatting with each one. Rustyblaze knew this is where she belonged and she very much missed being with her clanmates. Mousewhisker walked over to Rustyblaze.

"Any word on Dapplefrost? Or Streamfur?" He asked.

"I've tried talking to Dapplefrost, but she always comes up with a excuse to leave." Rustyblaze said sadly.

"Don't worry, she'll come around." Mousewhisker encouraged.

"I hope so." Rustyblaze sighed.

Ivypool walked over.
"I need to tell you something, there was a prophecy. One of Squirrelflight's and Brambleclaw's kits would be the one to destroy the clan cats or the dark forest cats." Ivypool admitted.

"Do you think it's me?" Rustyblaze asked.

"I hope so." Ivypool murmured.

Then Lionblaze called the attack signal. Ivypool's patrol walked over to them, with Blossomfall and Tigerheart lingering together for a moment, before breaking apart. Ivypool gave her a questioning glare. Then Lionblaze left with his patrol, and Ivypool left with her's. It was finally time.