Chapter 45

Thanks for 200+ votes!

Tigerstar watched as a lumbering badger walked into camp. Hawkfrost and a patrol of dark forest warriors flanked her on all sides as she walked into the camp. Tigerstar leaped down to greet her.

"Hello, Midnight." He greeted.
Most of the dark forest warriors were either growling at her or casting uneasy glances.

"We need to talk." Midnight replied curtly before turning around, shouldering past some TigerClan warriors, and walking towards the edge of camp.

Tigerstar followed her, only briefly stopping to tell Hawkfrost that he was in charge while he was out of camp.

When the two were far enough away from camp, Tigerstar said, "alright, what is it?"

"The dam has been tampered with." Midnight said, not stopping.

Tigerstar briefly thought back to when he and Midnight had met, agreeing to build the dam together to get revenge on the clan cats. Tigerstar had agreed to protect the dam over everything else.
The two arrived where it was built.

"There is a hole in the side." Midnight said, "I will fix."

"Fine. Then you can leave." Tigerstar growled.

"No, cat. I will stay until other clan cats attack."

"What?" Tigerstar exclaimed.

"Other clans cats attack soon. Why you let them live?" Midnight growled.

"You know why."

"The prophecy." Midnight echoed.

"Let them attack, we will win."

"But not defeat."

"I don't know who the prophecy cat is, yet." Tigerstar replied, "I'm waiting for a sign..."

"You will only know on day of battle. You wait." Midnight said as she gathered sticks, "I will help battle and guard dam."

"Fine." Tigerstar growled, "but stay out of my warriors' way!"

>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<

Tigerstar walked back into camp. He watched as Eagleclaw returned with his patrol, each of them having prey. Tigerstar waved to Eagleclaw, telling him to come over.

"What is it, Tigerstar?" Eagleclaw asked.

"I have news that the group of rogue threatening our borders are planning an attack, soon." Tigerstar said.

"They wouldn't dare." Eagleclaw growled.

"Now I must admit something. There was a omen before you were born that one of Brambleclaw's kits would have victory over that group." Tigerstar said only the important part of the prophecy, leaving out how that cat could also destroy them too.

Eagleclaw listened, wide-eyed.
"I think that cat is you." Tigerstar said.

"Really?" Eagleclaw gasped.

"Yes, I have watched you learn and progress and I believe you will lead us to victory. During the battle, there is a golden-brown tabby tom who is there leader...."

"I will kill him." Eagleclaw hissed.

"Good." Tigerstar said simply.