Chapter 35

{ 1000 READS?!?!  THANKS SO MUCH!!!! 😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄 }

Rustypaw breathed heavily in and out. He had also never walked this far before. He paws were sore and his legs felt as if they would give out. He was lagging behind Ivypool now.

"Come on." She called, "we are almost there."

"Where?" Rustypaw asked.

"Every quarter moon I meet someone... there!" She pointed to an old tree stump.

"Who?" Rustypaw approached the tree stump.

Then another cat ran into him, pushing him down a small hill. Rustypaw flailed his paws again, trying to get a hold on something as he rolled down the hill and into a bush.

"Mousewhisker!" Ivypool scolded and told the newcomer and they said something he couldn't hear.

Soon the two warriors were helping him out of the bush and back up the hill next to the stump. Oddly, Mousewhisker had kept his distance away from the two.

"Sorry, I'm guessing... Rustypaw?" Mousewhisker said.

Rustypaw nodded, "Who are you?"

"I'm Mousewhisker of-" Ivypool slapped her tail over his mouth.

"Listen Rustypaw. There's another group of cats. Let's leave it at that." Ivypool said.

"Is that why he isn't see-through or scents of shadows?" Rustypaw asked, "Are we from the other group? Is that why we aren't like Tigerstar and the other dark forest warriors?"

"He's a quick learner." Mousewhisker said.

"Yes. You and your littermates are from there. I am too." Ivypool confirmed.

"What about Breezepelt and Redwillow?" Rustypaw asked about the two other cats who were still alive.

"Ummm. There's lots of time to learn everything. I don't want to overwhelm you." Ivypool said, "We better start heading back now. Anything happen Mousewhisker?"

"No, nothing much." He said also leaving, "bye Ivypool, Rustypaw!"

Ivypool walked over to some prey and ate it, pushing a piece towards him.

"Mousewhisker caught this." She explained.

Rustypaw eagerly ate his piece.

"Can I come out here again?" Rustypaw asked.

"Well, I supposed so...." Ivypool said.

'Yes! I can finally learn how to hunt and fight like my siblings!'