Chapter 7

"What do we do?" Ivypool hissed to Lionblaze.

Just then the Twoleg that lived there came outside from the Twoleg house, not the barn. He saw the dark forest cats, but not the clan cats who were already safely inside the barn. The twoleg shouted at them and waved his paws.

"This isn't over." Darkstripe the patrol leader, hissed to Lionblaze before leaving.

"We made it!" Amberkit said.

"Um, hello?" Smokey, the kittypet that lives there asked nervously, "...Clan cats?"

"Smokey!" Lionblaze greeted, "I was wondering if we could stay here a while."

"Lionblaze is it? Um, sure. You'll have to hide up there," Smokey pointed high up in barn where the hay was stored, "So my housefolk don't see you."

"Thank you Smokey." Lionblaze said.

"Hazel! Mouse!" Smokey said cheerfully to his kits, "where's Berry and Daisy?"

"Umm, They are somewhere else at the moment," Poppyfrost said, not wanting to reveal their death. "I'm Berrynose's mate, and these are our kits."

Ivypool couldn't listen to the rest of the reunion, something about Floss dying of a sickness recently.

'Well at least I don't go to the dark forest anymore, Because the dark forest is here.' Ivypool thought as she curled up in a ball, high in the barn behind all the hay, with her sister nearby. She fell asleep.

It seemed like only a moment until Lionblaze woke her up, hissing "Dovewing! Ivypool!"

Lionblaze, Ivypool, Dovewing, Jayfeather, and Cinderheart all sat away from the other cats to speak privately just as the sun was setting.

"We need to leave." Lionblaze said, "This territory is now the dark forest's."

"What? But this... this is our home." Cinderheart said sadly.

"Dovewing, look around for any other survivors, we need to take as many cats as we can." Lionblaze asked.

Dovewing closed her eyes. She looked like she was about to fall asleep. But to her, a whole world was opening up.

"I'm going to try to reach StarClan, to ask them where we should go and important things." Jayfeather said as he dozed off.

"Wake me if you find anything." Ivypool said before leaving to curl back up in her nest.

The dark forest had attacked just last night. It felt like forever ago. She had to stay strong. For her sister, and for everyone.

'Who knows, Maybe I could be a leader.' Darkness and tiredness swept over Ivypool like a wave.

"I'll take first watch." Lionblaze whispered.
🐾
next couple chapters may be Tigerstar's POV :3