Chapter 27

"Do you have bees in your brain?!?" Lionblaze demanded.

"Listen," Ivypool waved her tail for the three to come closer, "I'm the only one Hawkfrost will allow to come them-"

"-why?!?" Mousewhisker interrupted.

"Uh.... Because he likes, err, trusts me... I guess...." Ivypool stated a bit awkwardly.

"Oh ok." Ivypool couldn't help but see the hurt in his eyes.

"Don't worry." She quickly whispered and reassured them, "I'm only going to watch after Squirrelflight's kits. Someone has to make sure they don't turn out as bad as Tigerstar."

"Please don't go. I can't loose the little bit of Dovewing I have left." Tigerheart pleaded.

'Why was he acting like she died a while ago? She died only a moment ago...' Ivypool cast a glance at the bloody pile of fur 'I guess for most, grief kicks in later, when it's not just happening.'

Ivypool for some reason felt calm. A much different feeling than other cats would feel.

"I'll go!" Lionblaze said.

"I'm going too." Tigerheart leaped up.

"Me too." Mousewhisker with determination in his eyes.

"Umm no." Ivypool said firmly.

"Lionblaze, you have a clan to lead. Tigerheart, they'll never let you back in after you betrayed them once. And Mousewhisker--"

"I'm going." Mousewhisker said stubbornly.

"But who will be the messenger?"

"Messenger?" He echoed.

"Every quarter moon let's meet outside of dark forest territory." Ivypool whispered, "to exchange news and information."

He hesitated. "Oh, alright."

"Are you coming or not?" Hawkfrost interrupted.

"Yes, I am." Ivypool turned around to look Hawkfrost in his icy blue eyes.