Chapter 25

After Dovewing and the others rescued the other imprisoned cats, Tigerheart and Willowshine, all of them ran away from the fighting. They had to get to safety. Some cats were started to retreat.

Dovewing matched her strides with Tigerheart. It felt good to be away from Bumblestripe's watchful glare.

Dovewing instantly stopped running when a cat yowled from beside her, leaping out of the bracken and slamming into her.

'Another dark forest patrol!' She thought.

She had no time to react to the ambush and was quickly over come by the dark forest warrior. He didn't hesitate by sinking his teeth into Dovewing's throat.

"No!" Tigerheart yowled who was busy fight two other dark forest warriors.

He rushed over to Dovewing and more cats took his place fighting. Bumblestripe and Ivypool noticed what was happening and rushed over. Foxleap was already there.

"No! Not Dovewing! I- I never got the chance to tell you..." Foxleap chocked up on his last words.

Dovewing knew he liked her. Even as much as Bumblestripe, but Bumblestripe was quicker.

Then anger glared in his eyes and he turned on the cat who attacked her, Shredtail. He fought him only to have Shredtail kill Foxleap.

Tigerheart, Bumblestripe, and Ivypool surrounded the dying Dovewing.

"Lead them well Ivypool..." Dovewing said as the light finally faded her eyes.

{ Note:  This isn't the last we hear of poor Dovewing either! }