Chapter 28

Lionblaze slowly walked into the barn. Cinderheart, who he had put in change of the cats who stayed behind, rushed over to him with Jayfeather close behind.

"What happened?" Cinderheart asked.

"Did you get the kits?" Jayfeather demanded.

"No." Lionblaze said to his brother.

Lionblaze then told them of the deaths of Thornclaw, Dovewing, and Foxleap. They had brought the bodies with them for a proper burial.

"What?!?" Cinderheart gasped, "Dovewing can't be dead! She's one of the three!"

"The three have failed!" Jayfeather wailed. "There were four, but now there are two! I never told anyone that Yellowfang prophesied that one of the three... Er four... Would die!"

"What?!?" Lionblaze yowled, then quieted his voice down when he noticed everyone else looking at them, "how could you not have told us?"

"Even if I did, it wouldn't have changed anything. Dovewing is dead. This is the punishment for all us failing. All of this is because of us!" Jayfeather growled.

"Ok... What else happened?" Cinderheart asked.

"Ivypool stayed behind with the dark forest cats after we were defeated to watch over the kits." Lionblaze finished.

Jayfeather flicked his ears.
Lionblaze called a clan meeting after leaping on a hay pile.

"Gather here cats of-" he looked around.

'We can't keep going on calling ourselves "the random group of clan cats"' Lionblaze thought, 'we can't be ThunderClan either...'

It amazed Lionblaze that there was at least one cat from each clan. Reedwhisker from RiverClan, Dawnpelt from ShadowClan, and Harespring from WindClan.

'Who are we?' He wondered.