Chapter 42

{ WOW I really long one... Enjoy! }

Ivypool led Dapplefrost, Rustypaw, and Streamfur to the usual meeting place in the uninhabited forest. Ever since Streamfur and Dapplefrost became warriors, they had attended the usual quarter moon meetings.

Ivypool at first had doubts about telling them about the clan cats, of course she didn't tell them everything, but enough to get her and Rustypaw killed. Though they haven't said a word to anyone about it even when Tigerstar pressured Streamfur when she suggested that everyone should how to swim and quickly taking back the offer.

Over the past moon, Cherryfall and Molewhisker had become warriors and Grasspaw and Sunpaw, the two WindClan kits, had become apprentices thanks to Lionblaze who was determined to continue on clan life. Lionblaze and Tigerheart had also agreed to come and meet them tonight with Mousewhisker.

Then her thoughts drifted back to Hawkfrost all of a sudden. His dark fur made his icy blue eyes seem brighter. They had been talking lately, hanging out. Like how it was before... Before Ivypool knew the truth. As they arrived at the place, the others were already there.

"Ivypool!" Lionblaze snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Lionblaze!" Ivypool greeted happily, "Tigerheart!"

The others followed, with Rustypaw nervous to meet the leader.

"Hello Rustypaw, Dapplefrost, and Streamfur. Nice to meet you at last." Lionblaze greeted.

Lionblaze's and Tigerheart's gaze lingered on Rustypaw and Dapplefrost. Ivypool knew they was remembering they were kin.

"Any news?" Ivypool asked Mousewhisker.

"Lilyheart, Ambermoon, and Dewnose became warriors! And Dawnpelt's kits, Tawnypaw, Strikepaw, and Oakpaw, became apprentices!" Mousewhisker reported happily.

Dapplefrost looked thoughtful, as if imagining what it must be like in another clan and wanted to go meet everyone she's heard about.

"There's something else I need to do first. Rustypaw, you are past the age of a warrior. Come here." Lionblaze leaped onto the tree stump.
Rustypaw walked nervously towards him.

"Rustypaw, from this moment forward you will be known as Rustyblaze. The clan cats welcome you as a full warrior!" Lionblaze said.

Rustyblaze looked bewildered as the gathering cats called out his name.

When the chants died down he asked, "But the dark forest cats will call me 'Rustypaw' still."

"That doesn't matter. You're a clan cat, right?" Tigerheart asked.

"Right!" Rustyblaze yowled.

"Yeah! To everyone at sun-down place you are a warrior. And you deserve to be a warrior!" Tigerheart said.

Dapplefrost looked uncertain.
Streamfur ran up to him.
"Congrats!" She said.

"Thanks." He replied.

"RustyBLAZE?" Ivypool asked.

"I couldn't think of a better name." LionBLAZE replied.
Ivypool smiled.

"I thinks it's a wonderful name!" Rustyblaze said.

"And- guess what? Jayfeather finally found out what's wrong with StarClan!" Lionblaze said happily.

"Really?!?" Ivypool said louder than she meant to.

"Explain..." Rustyblaze whispered to her.

"StarClan... They've basically been out of reach. They wanted to help during the- um." Ivypool realized she hadn't told them about how the dark forest had taken over in the first place.

"The dark forest attack!" Tigerheart said as Ivypool shot him a glare.

"We used to live in the forests but the dark forest took our territory." Ivypool said simply.
Dapplefrost looked down at her paws. Streamfur gasped.

"Now we have to take it back! That's the whole point of this is- right?" Rustyblaze asked.
Lionblaze and Ivypool exchanged a look.

'I wasn't on planning on telling them so soon... But Rustyblaze is a smart cat. He would have found out eventually.' Ivypool thought.

"Yes." Lionblaze confirmed.

Dapplefrost got up.
"I'm sorry. I promise I won't tell anyone what you're doing, but I can't go against TigerClan! They're my clanmates! But what you are planning... I'm leaving." Dapplefrost turned and sprinted away.

"Dapplefrost!" Streamfur called.

She glanced a apologetic look at Rustyblaze before running after her.

"Sorry, she isn't usually like this-" Ivypool started.

Lionblaze cut her off, "it's ok. I understand, it's hard to go back on someone who you've pledged your loyalty to your whole life." Lionblaze said, "anyways... StarClan said that the balance between light and dark has been tampered with. the dark forest had broken something that holds StarClan to this world. what do you think it could be?"

"Moonpool." Ivypool answered simply.
All the other cats starred at her like 'why didn't I think of that.'

"Good idea..." Lionblaze began.

"I can go see what's wrong! I know where the Moonpool is!" Rustyblaze said.

"I don't know... " Ivypool started.

"I'll be fine. I'll a warrior now!" Rustyblaze said.

"He's right." Mousewhisker pointed out.

"Oh alright." Ivypool gave in.

"Then it's settled, Rustyblaze will go see what's wrong with it." Lionblaze finished.