1.2

I woke up in a room in Father's classroom. Outside the door, I heard my father speaking. He must be with a class right now.

I got into my clothes for the day.

I walked out of my room to see a whole lot of students sitting at their desks

I walked out of my room to see a whole lot of students sitting at their desks. Some of them looked up when I walked into the room.

"Of course. Just when I was finally able to get them to pay attention", Father said.

"That's what you get for not letting me sleep in my old dorm", I said.

"Come back when classes are over. Now, I have to get everyone to focus again", Father said.

"I'm sure you'll be fine, Dad", I said.

As I walked out the classroom, people looked at me in shock. Was it because I said Dad?

I walked down towards Hagrid's Hut. I wanted to see if he was prepared for his first class.

Hagrid was the Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts. But during Dumbledore's beginning of the year speech, he mentioned that Hagrid would replace the last Care of Magical Creatures teacher, Professor Kettleburn.

I was happy for him. I knew how much he loved Creatures.

As I approached Hagrid's hut, I saw Hagrid walking out of the forest. He noticed me standing by his home.

"Haylie. Blimey, is that you?" Hagrid asked as he approached.

"Yes, Hagrid, it's me. How have you been?" I asked.

"I've been doing just fine. It's good to see you again", Hagrid said.

My smile grew bigger. "It's good to see you too, Hagrid", I said. "So, it's your first day of teaching. How are you feeling?"

"I'm a bit nervous".

"You'll do great. You're great with creatures and children. You'll be an amazing teacher", I said.

"You think so?"

"I know so".

I heard the bell up at the castle. I had to get back to my father's classroom.

"I should get going. It was great seeing you again. You're going to be a great teacher", I said.

Hagrid smiled. I went back up to the castle to join my father in his classroom.

--

Word spread fast that me, Severus Snape's daughter had come to Hogwarts. Everywhere I went, there were students looking at me.

I walked into the Great Hall, where I found dad sitting at the staff's table. As I approached the staff's table, I tried not to look at the students that were staring at me.

I approached my father. "Dad, I know you've already said no, but may I please go to Hogsmeade?" I asked.

"You are needed here. Besides, with Sirius Black on the loose, I don't want you to go out there unprotected", Dad said.

"I won't be unprotected. I have my wand and I remember all the spells you taught me. I'm not a child, Dad", I said.

"You are still my daughter. And until Black is found and captured, you are not going to Hogsmeade without me or a Professor with you", Father says.

"He's been sighted! He's been sighted!" A boy at the Gryffindor table shouted to his friends.

"Who?"

"Sirius Black".

He and his friends looked at the Daily Prophet. Some of them were kids I remember during the beginning of the year Sorting ceremony, 2 years ago during my 6th year.

"Dauf Town. That's not far from here", A girl said. I think her name was Hermione Granger. Or was Ganger?

"You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts. Do you?" A boy asked. Neville Longbottom, I think.

"With Dementors at every exit?"

"Dementors? He's already slipped past them once. Who's to say he won't do it again?" One of the boys asked. Seamus Flinnagine (I don't know how to spell his last name)

"Haylie", Father said. I looked at him. "This is why I don't want you out there. There's a killer on the loose. Don't leave this castle without me or a Hogwarts Professor. Do you understand?"

I nodded. "Yes", I said. I walked away. Once again, students stared at me as I left.