1.4

The Hogwarts students had to sleep in the Great Hall tonight. Hogwarts was now on Lockdown. It was no mistake that I saw Black. I was sure of it after I heard the Fat Lady of the Gryffindor common room was removed to a different portrait.

I assumed the students would feel a bit scared. I want to set a good example to Slytherin and prove that not all Slytherins were bad. So I got up early and cooked breakfast.

As I was cooking, I read books that my father lended to me. I found the one about werewolves very interesting.

The sun was rose. I helped the House Elfs put the plates of breakfast on the staff's table.

I grabbed a bell off the table and rang it. I heard moaning from half the students.

"Get up, come on. Up, up, up. Come on, I made breakfast", I said. "Come on! Wake your arse up!"

Most of the students got up and walked over to me to get breakfast. I handed each student breakfast.

After everyone got their breakfast, I sat on the staff's table, watching happily as the students ate their breakfast.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"This is really good", A girl from Gryffindor said. Ginny Weasley. I remember seeing her get sorted on my last year at Hogwarts.

But I mostly remember her brothers, the twins, Fred and George. They were such a mischievous duo. I was impressed by their skills.

"Alright, finish your breakfast and get ready for class. I don't want the Professors to think I'm bad influence. I mean, I am, I probably will be, but they don't need to know about that", I said.

"Thanks for the breakfast", Harry said as everyone started leaving.

"You're welcome", I said.

--

After breakfast, I got ready for the day. I joined Father in the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. He was taking over for Lupin today.

I sat on the Professor's desk, watching as the students converse

I sat on the Professor's desk, watching as the students converse. I looked over at a boy from Slytherin. Draco Malfoy.

Malfoy winked at me. I looked away from him, rolling my eyes.

"Hey beautiful, you looking for your prince charming?" Malfoy asked.

"Kid, you're not my type", I said. Some of the students laughed.

Father walked into the room, slamming the windows shut with his wand as he walked passed them. It made the room darker.

I rolled my eyes. Dad is so dramatic. He pulled down a projector screen at the front of the room. He turned to everyone. The students were silence.

"Turn to Page 394", Father said.

Everyone opened their books. Dad walked past the students to get to the projector.

"Excuse me, sir", Harry said. Father looked at him with a loathing expression. "Where's Professor Lupin?"

"It's not really your concern, is it Potter? Surprising to say that your Professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time", Father said. He walked towards the projector. "Turn to Page 394".

Dad turned on the projector. With a flick of his wand, he got a student on the same page.

"Werewolves?" Ronald Weasley reads.

"But sir, we've just began learning about Redcaps and Hinkypunks. We're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks", Hermione Granger said.

Was she there before?

"Quiet", Father said.

"When did she come in? Did you see her come in?" Ron Weasley asked.

I looked at the book Father had gotten me. The one about werewolves. I stopped reading.

Wait. It makes sense.

Last night was a full moon and he's not here.

He has scars on his face.

Is it possible? No, it can't be.

I got up and walked out of the room. There's no way he's a werewolf. Maybe it's a coincidence.

But maybe it's not.

--

I waited for the Quidditch game to start outside. I headed back to Lupin's office.

I saw Remus sitting at his desk. There were fresh scars on his face. I walked further into the office.

Remus looked at me. "Haylie, how come you're not at the Quidditch game?" He asked.

I didn't answer. I built up my confidence and asked, "Are you a werewolf?"

"Who told you?" Remus asked.

"No one. So it's true? You really are a werewolf?" I asked. I sat down in front of his desk.

"Yes, it's true. Haylie, you have nothing to be afraid of", Remus said.

"I'm not afraid. I don't believe you would purposely hurt anyone. I don't believe that you're a monster. I'm not scared of you", I said.

"That's good to know", Remus said.

"I still have so many questions", I said.

"Would you like a cup tea while I answer your questions?" Remus asked.

I nodded. Remus poured us both a cup of tea. He set two cups in front of us.

"Ask away".