4.1

I was woken up in my bedroom at 12 Grimmaulds Place. Tonks had been assigned at Hogwarts so I decided to spend the rest of the summer here at Grimmaulds Place. We actually spent most of the summer at the Burrow, but Tonks and I had been distant over the summer.

"What time is it?" I asked sleepily.

"It's very early. We have to hurry and eat breakfast before the sun comes up", Sirius said.

"Sirius. The sun's not even up?" I asked. Why would he wake me up at a time like this? A woman needs her beauty sleep.

"I promise this will be worth it", Sirius said.

I sighed. We went downstairs. I could already smell today's breakfast on the way down the stairs.

I walked into the dining room. Sirius kissed my head. We sat across from each other at the table.

"I want to show you something after breakfast. It's a surprise, actually", Sirius said.

"Ooh, very mysterious. What's the surprise?" I asked.

"If I told you, it wouldn't be a secret", Sirius said.

"Right. Of course", I said, feeling a bit dumb.

"When you're done, get dressed and meet me by the stairs", Sirius said.

After breakfast, I put on my outfit for today.

Sirius and I met up by the stairs

Sirius and I met up by the stairs. He puts his hands over my eyes.

"Sirius, I can't see", I said.

"Good. I'll remove my hands in a moment", he said. He led me towards...actually, I had no idea where he was taking me.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked, full of curiosity.

"You'll see", Sirius said.

We stopped. Sirius removed his hands from my eyes. We were in a...attic.

"I actually love attics. You get to do the craziest things in an attic. One of those crazy things is hiding a body, but we won't talk about that", I said.

"The attic is not the surprise and I'm concerned about the 'hiding a body' topic", Sirius said.

I looked up to see the roof opening up. I could still see the stars. They were beautiful.

"There, that star is Orion. That one is Andromeda. And that star, that's Sirius".

"Your family was named after stars? I had no idea", I said.

"My brother, Regulus and I used to come up here to look at them", Sirius said.

"They're beautiful", I said.

We both stared up at the stars in silence. I suddenly noticed that one of Sirius's hands was on my waist. The other was on my shoulder.

I looked at him. He looked at me. "What?" He asked.

"It's just...this is all so perfect. Seeing these, being here with you. Everything is so...perfect. And I know nothing is perfect, but this moment is perfect to me", I said.

"Haylie, ever since the night when I first snuck into your room, I was in love with you. I came back because I knew I couldn't stay away from you", Sirius said.

I feel like there's a love speech coming in.

"With you here, these past few months have been amazing. Even if you had Black hair or red hair or no hair at all, I still want to be with you. And yes, your father hates me and we are rivals, but I don't care. I love you. And when you were poisoned, I was so afraid to loose you. You've always been there for me and your personality is so unique", Sirius said.

I didn't expect what happened next. He got to one knee and pulled out a ring.

"Will you, Haylie Snape, marry me?"

My heart was racing now, pounding hard against my chest. I thought this may be a dream.

This wasn't a dream. Is it?

"Is this real? I'm not dreaming or anything, am I? This isn't a joke, right?" I asked.

I was freaking out. In a good way.

"No, Haylie. This is real", Sirius said. "I want you to be my wife. Will you marry me?"

Finally, realizing this wasn't a dream, I nodded. "Yes!" I shouted, through happy tears.

Sirius stood up. He placed the ring on my finger. I kissed him passionately.