5.6

After dinner with the Malfoys, I laid restless in my room at Hogwarts. I turned onto my side and drifted off.

I wasn't sure how long I was asleep, but when I woke up, I heard a tap on the window.

I got up and opened the window. Sirius came into the room. I hugged him tightly.

"You're here", I said.

"I am", Sirius said. "How are you feeling? Have they hurt you?"

"No", I said.

"How's the baby?" Sirius asked.

I touched my stomach. "I sing to them every night. And I'd tell them stories about you. I think the baby enjoys them", I said.

"I brought you something. I know it's  not much, but I came across these and they reminded me of you", Sirius said.

He gave me a jar of Knotgrass. I smiled. "I had dropped these when we first met", I said.

I sat on my bed, looking at the jar. "Ah, you still have the muggle box", Sirius said. He opened the mini fridge and grabbed a box of Bertie Botts.

I looked up from the jar. "I have something to tell you", I said.

"Yeah? What do you want to tell me?" Sirius asked.

"I think it's a girl", I said. Sirius looked at me. "The baby, I think it's a girl". Sirius couldn't help, but smile. I guess the thought of him having a little princess made him happy.

"A girl?" Sirius asked. I nodded. His smile seemed to have grown bigger. "A mini Haylie".

"Yes. A mini me", I said.

"I know she's going to be a beautiful and wonderful girl, just like her mother", Sirius said. "Have you thought of any names yet?"

"I was thinking either Oliyvia or Tilly", I said. "Can you hand me the jar of butter peanuts?"

Sirius grabbed the jar of peanut butter and tossed it to me. I caught the jar with one hand.

"Ginny tells me Narcissa invited you to dinner", Sirius said.

"Yeah. Her and Draco have promised they'll help protect the baby", I said.

"I assume Bellatrix was there. Did she hurt you?" Sirius asked.

"No, but she did enjoy threatening me and the baby. She was trying to scare me. Well, it worked", I said. I touched my baby bump.

"I won't let anything happen to...Camille or Violet or Katherine", Sirius said.

"Katherine? Katherine Black", I said. "Has a nice ring to it. Our daughter is going to be a badass".

A few minutes later, I was laying in bed and wrapped in a blanket. Sirius sat at the desk in the corner.

"Have you found a way to help us?" I asked.

"Not yet", Sirius said.

"Do you think they could find me at Grimmaulds Place?" I asked.

"The Death Eaters, no, but your father can", Sirius said.

I really wanted to tell Sirius that Dad wasn't a traitor, but I promised my father I wouldn't say anything. Not just for mine and the baby's sake, but for his sake too.

"If you can't find a way by the time our daughter is born, you might have to take her and go-"

"I'm not leaving you", Sirius said.

"It might be the best option. Once she's out of me, my life won't be worth saving".

"Yes, it will", Sirius snapped. "You're asking me to leave you. Our daughter needs her mother. And I need my wife".

"Is it normal for me to already care for a child who hasn't been born?" I asked.

"It's normal for most mothers. Not mine, of course", Sirius said.

"How about this. After the baby is born, you take her far away from here. Then, you come back for me", I said.

"I don't like the idea of leaving you", Sirius said.

"I know", I said.

"If that's the only way to keep you both safe, then fine. I don't know who to take her to", Sirius said.

"Someone you trust. Or someone we both trust", I said. "Hey, what's with the 'Sirius Supremacy' in Malfoy Manor?" I asked. Sirius smiled.

"I see you found my secret code. I was a...difficult teenager", Sirius said.

"I can tell. Bellatrix said you ruined her favorite wall".

"Bellatrix actually favors something in this world?"

"Apparently. But I mean, 'Sirius Supremacy'? That's the best you came up with?"

"Well, what would you have wrote?" Sirius asked.

"If it was me, I would've wrote...do you want me to say it in front of the baby?" I asked.

"The baby can't hear you".

"Oh really?" I asked. I looked at my stomach and touched the bump. "Baby girl, if you can hear me, kick me".

"Babies don't kick until 6 months", Sirius said.

Damn it.

Then I saw someone come into the room. It was a woman. "Sirius! Watch out!" I shouted.

I stood up quickly and grabbed my wand. Sirius stands between me and Bellatrix's shadow.

"Haylie! Haylie! It's okay. This is Andromeda, Tonks' mother", Sirius said.

Once I had turned on the bedroom light, I could see the difference between Andromeda and her sister, Bellatrix.

"You're Nymphadora's friend, right?" Andromeda asked.

"Yeah", I said. "You're Sirius's cousin".

I didn't dare to mention her sisters, Narcissa and Bellatrix.

"Andromeda and I were close while growing up. I believe her and Ted will keep the baby safe", Sirius explained.

"If you trust her, then I trust her", I said.

"I thought I'd bring you this", Andromeda said. She gave me a mirror. "You need me or Sirius, call out our names".

"Thank you", I said.

"I should get going. We both should", Andromeda said to Sirius.

Sirius looked at me. I kissed him. Andromeda used the window as an exit. She got onto her broom.

"I love you", I said to Sirius.

"I love you too", Sirius said.

Sirius jumped out the window and got onto the broom with Andromeda. Then, they both flew away.