1.5

After the Quidditch game and my talk with Remus, I went to the Hospital Wing. I saw Harry Potter laying in one of the bed.

I know my father hates him, but I'm not my father. I mean, I developed a lot of traits for him like my sassy attitude, the love of hitting people and other things. But I don't hate a person because of their parents or what one of their parents did.

Whatever Harry's dad or mum did to my father.

I sat down on Potter's bed. I poured some tea into a cup and gave it to him.

"Thanks", Harry said.

"I heard what happened. And I'm sorry about your broomstick. You took quite the hit out there from what I heard", I said.

"I wasn't hit. I-"

"Was attacked by Dementors, I know. I meant the Dementors kiss hit you hard", I said. "I hope you feel better".

"You really mean that?" Harry asked.

"Yeah. Why would I?" I asked, but I already knew his answer.

"Well, Professor Snape isn't my biggest fan. I wasn't expecting you to be kind to me", Harry admitted.

"Yes, my father and I have many things in common, but one thing we don't have in common is I don't hate everyone. I enjoy slapping everyone, but since you're injured, I'll let you side".

I gave Harry a piece of chocolate. Remus wanted me to give it to him, but I already ate most of it.

"Besides, not all Slytherins are bad", I said. I got up and walked to the other injured students.

--

I spent most of Saturday with Lupin in Hogsmeade. On our way back to Hogwarts castle, I asked him more questions.

"So when you take the Wolfsbane potion, does the transformation still hurt?" I asked.

"If it is brewed correctly, the transformation is less painful", Remus said.

"Could you afford the ingredients?" I asked.

Remus shook his head. "The ingredients are far too expensive", he said.

"Has my father been brewing your Wolfsbane potion?" I asked.

"Yes. I am very grateful for what your father has done. Even though we don't see eye-to-eye".

"He doesn't hate you. He hates everyone. Everyone except me", I said.

Remus didn't say anything. Once we got to the castle, Remus and I parted ways.

I got to my Father's classroom to see Dad working at his desk.

"Haylie, I specifically said to not go to Hogsmeade-"

"Without you or a Professor. I didn't break your rule. I went to Hogsmeade with Lupin", I said.

I saw a twitch of anger from my father. "Lupin does not count", Dad said.

"No, no. It's too late to change the rules. You didn't say which Professors I could go with. You just said I could go with you or a Hogwarts Professor. And I did. So you can't punish me", I said.

Father opened his mouth to speak. For a moment, nothing came out. He then said with irritation, "Go. To. Your. Room".

I walked into my room and closed the door. I smiled. Haylie Snape-1, Severus Snape-0.