1.6

A few months later, after the Winter holidays, I sat on the fountain in the courtyard. It was cold outside. All the students were in class.

I was wearing a black leather jacket, a dress, knee-high socks, a black hat and my black boots.

I heard a panting noise behind me. I turned around in alarm only to see that it was a black dog.

"Why, hello", I said. I sort of had a soft spot for dogs, but Dad never let me get one. "You're very lovely".

I checked the dog's neck for a collar, but there wasn't one.

"I don't see a collar. Do you happen to be a stray?" I asked. Then, I realized I was stupid for believing the dog could talk. "Don't answer that. I mean, you can't...because you're a dog".

The dog put it's two front paws on my leg. He licked my face.

"Okay. You and I can play a game", I said. I picked up a stick. The Black Dog wags his tail happily. I showed him the stick and threw the stick towards a tree.

The dog sped towards the stick. He came back with the stick in his mouth. He drops the stick into one of my hands. I scratched the dog's head with my free hand.

"Good boy", I said.

Suddenly, the temperature got colder. I looked up to see Dementors circling me like crows.

"Come on", I said to the dog. The Dementors flew towards us.

"Expecto Patronum!" I shouted, pointing my wand at the Dementors. A jet of light came out of my wand, holding back the Dementors.

I ran towards the castle entrance with the dog by my side. "I thought Dumbledore sent those things away", I said.

I felt a hand clasp over my mouth. My screams were muffled. "Shh", A voice said. I looked at the man, fearing it may be who I hoped it wouldn't be.

And my fear came true.

I tried to get out of Sirius's grip. "Haylie, please listen to me", he said. I pushed him away from me.

"Get away from me", I growled.

"Haylie, you don't have to be afraid", Sirius said.

"I'm not afraid, but if you come any closer, I will use painful spells on you", I said.

I reached for my wand, but I touched an empty space. Sirius pulled out what looked like my wand. It is my wand.

"Oh, Bloody hell. You pickpocket too", I said.

"If you're not willing to listen, I'll have to take you with me", Sirius said.

"I'm not going anywhere with you!" I shouted. I tried to run, but Sirius grabbed me. I punched him in the face. He let go of me.

I ran as fast as I could, but I heard the words, "Stupefy". I felt the hard impact of the ground and was knocked out.

--

I woke up in an old building. I was sitting in a beanbag chair. My hands were tied behind my back.

There was a bed in the room. Sirius Black was sitting on the bed. He stared at me for a long while.

"What did you give me? Sleep pills? Melatonin?" I asked. I gasped. "If you drugged me, I swear-!

"You look oddly familiar", He said.

"Let me guess. I look like your Lily", I said, with a tone of anger and annoyance.

"No. I mean, the hair is similar, but this is someone else", Sirius said. "What's your last name?"

I didn't answer. "Granger", I lied.

"Please, Haylie. I'm not going to hurt you. I'm just curious", Sirius said.

"I don't trust you", I said. "I would trust you if you hadn't kidnapped me".

"So you could tell everyone that Sirius Black is an Animagus?" Sirius asked.

"Well maybe if you weren't trying to kill me-!" I raised my voice.

"I wasn't trying to kill you, girl!" Sirius shouted.

"Then why did you come to me in the first place?! Have you not processed that I'm not Lily?!"

"Well, I've realized that! Lily wasn't stubborn and obnoxious like you!"

"Gosh, I feel bad for your girlfriend".

"I don't have a girlfriend".

"That's a shock", I said sarcastically.

"I don't suppose you have a boyfriend", Sirius hissed.

"I don't need one!" I snapped.

"Well, I don't need a girlfriend!" Sirius snapped back.

"You insolent old man, untie me!" I shouted.

Sirius looked at me with a expression of shock. Did he just realize how old he is?

"Your last name is Snape, isn't it? You're Snape's daughter", Sirius said.

"I told you. My last name is Granger. I-I don't know a Snape", I said, unable to keep my voice steady.

"You're lying", Sirius said. "You have to believe me. I won't hurt you. We're both innocents".

"No! I'm the only one of us who's innocent! You killed people. You killed innocents and now you're trying to kill me", I said. Sirius sat down next to me.

"I'm not going to kill you. You have to believe me", Sirius said.

He puts his hands on my shoulder. I started pulling away and screaming.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" I shouted. "GET AWAY FROM ME! DON'T TOUCH ME! LET GO OF ME!"

"Haylie! Haylie, look at me!" Sirius shouted.

I finally gave up. I was probably going to die here and no one would know where I disappeared to or if I was still alive.

"Haylie, look at me", Sirius said. Finally excepting my fate, I looked at him. "You don't have to be afraid. I am begging you to let me explain my innocence. Please".

I stared into his eyes. They were eyes of an innocent. I could look into his eyes and tell that he was begging me to trust him.

It could be a trick, but if it was...why hasn't he killed me? Is he really telling the truth?

I nodded. "Okay", I said.