2.9

It was finally the time of the second task of the Triwizard Tournament. Everyone was at the Black lake, waiting for the Champions to retrieve their lost items. The champions had an hour.

As everyone waited for the champions, I searched for Lila, but couldn't find her.

I walked up to my Father, who stood beside Dumbledore, Professor Mcgonagall, Barty Crouch, Mad-eye and Igor Karkaroff.

"Dad", I said. Dad looked at me. "Have you seen Lila? I can't find her. I'm starting to think she was left behind at the castle".

Father looked at Dumbledore. "Tell me...you didn't", Father said. I looked at Dumbledore.

"Didn't what?" I asked.

"The lost items are a few students that our champions are close with", Dumbledore said.

"Including my sister?" I asked in horror.

"Haylie, she is just fine-"

"None of this is fine!" I shouted. I ran towards the water. Barty Crouch and Mad-eye grabbed me. "No! Parum soror mea! Soror mea!" I shouted in Latin. (English: My little sister. My sister)

"She's going to be alright", Mad-eye said.

Suddenly, someone came out of the water. It was Cedric and Lila. I ran towards the edge of the dock.

I helped Lila out of the water. I wrapped a towel around her. I held her close.

"Licuitne?" I asked which in English translated "Are you alright?" Lila nodded.

I looked at Cedric. Him and Cho stood beside me. Cho wrapped a towel around Cedric.

"Thank you", I said to Cedric.

Then, I saw Krum come to the surface and he had saved Hermione. I helped Hermione out of the water.

"Are you alright, Hermione?" I asked. Hermione nodded.

I looked at the water. I saw two people come up to land. Ron and Fleur's little sister.

Fleur helped her sister and I helped Ron. Then, I saw Harry shoot out of the water. Everyone cheered. Harry landed on the dock.

I looked at Lila. "Haylie, I'm okay", she said.

"Can I please appreciate the fact that you're still alive?" I asked.

I walked over to Harry and Fleur.

"You saved her even though she wasn't yours to save. My little sister", Fleur said to Harry. "Thank you". Harry got a kiss on both cheeks from Fleur.

I smiled. Fleur looked at Ron. "And you, you helped", Fleur said.

"Well...yeah, a bit", Ron said.

So...he didn't help.

Fleur kissed him on the cheek. She took her sister's hand and walked away. Ron touched his cheek. "Mercy".

I laughed. I walked over to the judges to see them in conversation.

"Well, Mr. Potter would've been in first if he hadn't saved Miss Delecour", Barty Crouch said.

"Then, I think it's fair to award him second place", I said. The judges looked at me. "For outstanding moral fiber".

The students were cheering. Dumbledore tried to get their attention, but they continued.

"Hey!" I shouted. Everyone silenced at once. Dumbledore looked at me. He looked almost frighten for his life.

"The winner is...Mr. Diggory!" Dumbledore shouted. Cedric's friends cheered. I smiled at Cedric. "Who showed innate command of the Bubble-Head charm. However, seeing as Mr. Potter would have finished first, had it not been for his determination to rescue, not only Mr. Weasley, but the others as well. We've agreed to award him second place!"

Everyone cheered, but Karkaroff shouted, "Boo!"

"Oh, grow up", I snapped. Lila couldn't help, but laugh.

"For outstanding moral fiber", Dumbledore added.

On our way back to the castle, I saw Cedric talking with his friends. "Lila, go with Dad. I'll be right behind you", I said.

I ran towards Cedric and his friends. "Hey Ced. Can I talk to you?" I asked.

"Sure", Cedric said.

Cedric and I stepped away from his friends. "Thank you. You saved my little sister. If I had lost her, I would've lost my mind", I said.

"I know how much she means to you. You're a good sister, Haylie", Cedric said.

"And you're a good man", I said.

I didn't realize I had gotten close to Cedric until he stepped back. "Haylie. You're my friend. You'll always be friend, but-"

"Haylie".

I turned around to see Cho. "What are you doing?" Cho asked.

I shook my head. "Something stupid", I said. I walked away without another word.